AVIC411.com

D3 Questions for Owners

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I tried it out for myself. Here is an example, I just burned a cd with the following layout.... It had three Genre Folders, Rock, Country, Hip Hop..... Within those folders was numerous artist, and several artist had seperate folders for different albums. When using a list view, you can select the which genre folder you like, then the artist, then the album and viola, that folder starts playing.... For example, I threw the disc in, hit Rock, Pearl Jam, Ten, and that albums plays.... Easy as pudding pie.... Hope thats what you were looking for.

That's so awesome!

I was NEVER into car audio/video... I am more of a performance aspect person.. but getting an avic and having it sit here in the box is killing me

I guess I am just blown away by it actually and how much stuff it really can do!!

I am used to my 6 disc cd player that I have had in my cars for the past 5 or so years...lol

:-)

-Nigel

you also need SWI-CAN

I just got done installing a D3 in my MKV GTI. There is a wiring harness pioneer makes that is plug and play with NO splicing to the factory harness. Only problem it is not sold in the US for some reason. I bought mine here: http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_prod ... o=CARPI221

You can't order form the website though. I contacted their customer service via e-mail and they were very fast to respond and made the process smooth. You'll want a google checkout account if you don't have one though.

And you WILL have to cut on that adapter. You will need to cut both of the plastic adapters and connect to the D3 harness wires with whatever connector type you choose. I got a little nervous when I started cutting on a $100 adapter, but it has worked flawless for me. With the steering wheel controls, you only get volume and mute though. You cannot change the track.

I might be able to answer other questions if you have them since I just recently did the install. If you come up with a custom illumination color that matches the VW blue, please let me know. I can't seem to get a good match.

Hey thanks for the heads up...

Wondering if you or anyone else can help me out here...

With the D3 + Bluetooth module. Looking to keep as much of the steering wheel buttons in tact as possible... What all do I need to purchase?

The AVIC-D3, BTB200...

Would I need both of these?

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/s ... 2R_VW.html

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/s ... WI_PS.html

Or just the one you referenced in your post.

Thanks again guys!

I bought ONLY the harness I linked in my post and i retained the stock vol+, vol-, and mute from the steering wheel and it also had all of the necessary signals for the navigation. I just lost the >> and << from the steering wheel controls

That's so awesome!

I was NEVER into car audio/video... I am more of a performance aspect person.. but getting an avic and having it sit here in the box is killing me

I guess I am just blown away by it actually and how much stuff it really can do!!

I am used to my 6 disc cd player that I have had in my cars for the past 5 or so years...lol

:-)

-Nigel

lol... just think about how many mp3's you can jam into a 4.7GB DVD-R!

So when I got my avic like 2 weeks ago it did NOT come with bluetooth..

I asked the guy at BBY and he said the new ones are paired with the bluetooth adaptor!

I did the exchange today and now have the bluetooth adaptor free!!!

Freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Question... how do you guys have the bluetooth hooked up?

Constant 12v source or the accessory 12v?

Just a little confused on which is best... For my backup camera I was told to tap the red wire off the avic's wiring harness.. so that way the camera always has power to when I want to switch it to rear view..etc.

Thanks,

-Nigel

You have to wire it to a constant 12V power source or it will lose memory every time you turn off the car. The D3 will take care of the actual turning on and off of the bluetooth unit via the IP-BUS data cable.

You have to wire it to a constant 12V power source or it will lose memory every time you turn off the car. The D3 will take care of the actual turning on and off of the bluetooth unit via the IP-BUS data cable.

Thanks for the info!

May sound silly but how do I know where a constant 12v line is on my car. 05' Subaru STI.

Thanks much,

-Nigel