AVIC411.com

Missing map views on Avic-D2

I have read through the troubleshooting section on this forum and couldnt find an answer to my problem. The problem I have is that I cant use the route view or any other views except for the main map view. The gps doesnt help me find my directions at all since it doesnt direct me where to go. I had it working once but it disappeared after about 30 seconds. I had it professionally installed and bypassed. What can be the problem? I have a route established but still not getting anything. please help!!!!

Just to clarify, you are looking for the different map views after a destination is selected on the d3? The reason i ask is because you cannot go to different views ulless you have a route selected. If you are doing this right, you probally need to check the bypass, sounds like the wire may have come loose from the harness.

No, the bypass has nothing to do with the views. If you have a route programmed in, and you don't get those views, its broken

even though it works sometimes? Is it possible that it could be because the dvd I'm using is not an original copy? Can that cause it to malfunction?