AVIC411.com

Brand new Z1 - Override doesn't work

I tried wit and without the flasher, even disconnecting the cars illumination circuit and just pulsed the Z1 with 12 volts (which is what the flasher and turning your lights on do). It NEVER unlocked. Good luck with it. Hopefully there is s different bypass that someone will discover and post.
[quote name="DJ Machismo"]I'll be trying, I think that since my unit unlocked for those brief moments, that there is just something we both happened to miss.

I can live without the functions, I'd just like to figure this out.

-Litos[/quote]No jus tlike SiGuy said, it will let you drive around for 10-15mins before the motion safety kicks in.... Its starting to sound like pioneer fixed the bypass. For us who already have Z1s i hope its a hardware only fix and for those who are going to buy them in the future i hope we will find another easy bypass.
But the catch is is that when that happens I have the parking brake wire grounded. Its on a switch so I can turn it on or off.

The fact that its unlocking in the first place is a sign to me that its just a wiring problem somewhere and the bypass is still working.

Especially considering that ducatiboy says that the parking brake disables his circuit. So I'm certainly going to be finding out for sure what is going on here. Its almost like its unlocking on startup but then eventually catching on that the parking brake is grounded.

I highly doubt Pioneer fixed it yet as some with the July 06 v1.00000 units have it working and we are having problems. I think the problem is either our cars or our wiring. More to come later.

-Litos
[quote name="DJ Machismo"]
I'm just hesitant to do it, as the switch should be identical to leaving it floating once the switch is off.

Unless I am mistaken.
[/quote]

You shouldn't need to physically remove the switch. If it's just a toggle switch which connects and disconnects the ground from the parking brake wire, you can just flip the switch, it shouldn't matter if you physically remove it.
OK Guys,

Here's some key information. I swapped my July unit out with a June unit, just unplugged one and plugged in the other and the override works fine. They clearly changed it sometime in July. Hopefully, someone will discover the latest bypass and Ducattiboy can find an automated way to implement it.