AVIC411.com

D3 learning status

does the learning status on this thing ever change from the basic "simple hybrid"? mine is about 3 months old and i wonder sometimes what it is thinking, ex. going to work which is about 1 hr away from house today and decided to let the D3 get me there, now mind y ou i have went the same way for 10 years, i know the shortest route, I was on the last stritch of road that is about 6 miles country (straight east end of road is work), D3 did good all the way to here, than all of at once it wanted me to turn left (north) and follow that 10 miles and hit a highway take it 6 miles east and than go 10 more miles south, just to get to the place that i was 6 miles from.

also i know the other day the screen showed me to turn left but the dumb woman told me to turn "right" ahead

is this thing still learning or should i take it back to CC and get a different one?

They did poke a hole in my firewall and has one wire going through it, so if it ain't connected right then all they've done is basically fucked my truck up.

I assume you own a Ford Ranger.If it is see if that wire going thru your firewall is tapped to a gray/black wire.That is your PCM.If it is then double check the tap.What year is your truck?

Well you'd think they'd tap something INSIDE the damn cab. I like to go out mudding so now I gotta silicone that hole and hope they didn't make any more behind the dash.

Not sure if the whole length of wire was red though, they may've just gotten a random speaker wire to run back to the cab....Definitely will NOT be taking my truck to that installer anymore.

Just rechecked that wire, and it's actually pink. Looked red when I was working under there. I found a splice in the front bay to a pale yellowish wire with a black stripe, but it looks like they had just cut the wire in half then crimped in a cap but there's only one wire in it.

Double checked that wire and it's a pale color with a black stripe...There is a darker green with white stripe in the harness but I'm having difficulty finding where they routed that pink wire, I think they came out just beneath the brake master cylinder and there's multiple harnesses running through that area.

It doesn't seem like they hooked it up at all, there's no pink wire other than a little bit sticking out from a duct-taped section of the pale yellow/black stripe wire that was probably cut.

Removed attachment...