AVIC411.com

Camera for the D3 other than the expensive Pioneer one?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point! I guess I am being too hasty at looking at the price.. but I want that same style just a bar bracket mounting it to the license plate.

How would we wire these so that you could flip a switch or flip the avic and have it ALWAYS on.. IE: if you are driving and want to see behind you.. flip the switch and now you see the person's front license plate..etc?

Is that possible?

I REALLY like the Crimestopper SV-5110 camera, I just can't find one that looks like that..arg.

-Nigel

we sell these very good quality

http://www.hitchcam.com/products1.htm#barcam

I would be for that for sure I just don't want the entire frame of the license plate. I just want the top bar part..

whtcrxghst:

thank you!

That's awesome!

Here is one more question.

Why does the pioneer rear camera give you like 3 cables and a box?!

I don't understand this?

All the cameras that I have seen have the RCA out so you can hook to the avic camera input, and then a postive and ground.

Thanks,

-Nigel

But I guess what I am saying.. I don't NEED to get the pioneer backup camera to have it work with the d3?

I can get this camera:

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio ... ctID=18656

Bar-Mount Design allows for quicker and easier installation without having to drill oversize holes.

OmniVision Camera Chip.

NTSC full color.

420 Lines Resolution.

130 degrees Horizontal Viewing Angle.

0.1 Lux Sensitivity for Enhanced illumination in Low Light Conditions.

Lens : f = 2.8mm.

Reverse Mirror Imaging Built-In.

20 ft video cable included.

Waterproof Camera Design.

Current consumption = 60mA

That's the specs of it.. I like it cause it's weather proof, good wide angle and seems to have great lines of resolution.

So from that camera I would hook the rca out to avic camera in. Hook the avic reverse wire to the reverse wire of my car. Then hook a constant 12v power source to the 12v positive wire on the camera IF I wanted to be able to turn the camera on the avic any time and view what's behind me..etc. And it would still automatically switch displays on the d3 when I put it in reverse..?

Thanks,

-Nigel

For the power tap the red switched wire on your unit not the yellow constant wire.You don't need power going to the camera while the car is off.

Very good point! Never thought about that.

One last question,, I have an 05' STI... do you know which red switched wire I would tap?...

I love this forum, so much information!!

Sweet just ordered my camera above! I can't wait!!!

Thanks much,

-Nigel