AVIC411.com

Camera for the D3 other than the expensive Pioneer one?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the day, Audiovox was known for cheap products.I haven't bought anything by them since the 70's because of this very reason.I haven't heard of anyone on this site complaining of their camera burning out due to the D3 having issues.So I believe its more the camera thats at fault than the D3.You should have a warranty,return it and get another brand.

Has anybody ever tried this camera? It sounds like it would be ok.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 21517&rd=1

seems to be the nicest ive seen. the problem with the license plate ones is they jacked too easy from what ive heard. ive had a hard time finding one for my 08' vw gti due to the hatch having no real spot to mount a camera from underneath

i once saw a guy who mounted it inside his car, forgot what car it was but it was a hatchback. he put it very low inside the window so it was pretty nice. he said it worked well but the only drawback was he couldnt tint the back window too much

Also using security torx screws helps.

That is how I mounted my crimestopper bar camera and currently using a torx screw that has a round nub in the center so you have to have a torx bit with the hole drilled in it.. as a normal pliers, bits woni't take it off..etc.

Plus I like the crim stopper camera because you can't relaly even see the camera is there,

I will have to take a picture.

-Nigel