AVIC411.com

Not your usual D3 Bypass question

Hey guys,

I had my D3 professionally installed a few months ago and just today decided to pull open the dash to do the bypass. Unfortunately the company that did the work apparently used completely different connectors to do the job. The car is a 2005 Pontiac GTO and requires a VW harness to do the job. I believe these are the harnesses they used:

http://www.installer.com/item/display_i ... it=71-1784

http://www.installer.com/item/display_i ... it=70-1784

It appears that they cut apart the Pioneer harness and spliced the wires with the pioneer harness wires on one end and plugged the wires usually in the white connector into the opposing sides connector. So I can locate my mute wire (yellow and black) but it is in a different location all together. I took a bunch of pictures to try and illustrate the dilemma. Does anyone have any ideas how I can make the wiring work?

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

You don't need that other harness unless you are going to run external amps, a second screen, a back up camera... basically any audio and/or video input or output. I'm guessing since you didn't require it, they didn't install it. But unfortunately they didn't let you know or give you the extra parts, because you NEED that harness to do the bypass. MAYBE if you go back to them, you can see if they still have it lying around. It is yours, anyway. If they don't still have it, tell them they have to buy you one, or you'll buy one and they have to reimburse you for it. They can't just keep that kind of thing and not tell you about it. I mean, if there was a chance you would be installing an amp in the future, you'd be shit out of lick because of them... Anyway, see if they still have it, if not, tell them they have to get you a new one.

Or if you don't want to deal with them and don't mind spending an extra $50:

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/part.asp?productNum=CDP1064

I think I may actually have it in a box. But its at my parents house with the car (where we were working on it). So Tomorrow I'll check to see If I have it. If I do have it do I have to wire up everything in the Harness or just deal with the mute wire?

By the way thanks for all the help guys!

Good call guys it was in the box. So I'll be completing the bypass sometime today. Thanks for all your help. Hopefully I won't need anymore...

Oh and the Camera is a Cannon EOS 30D. My dad is a dentist and uses it to take extreme detailed closeup pics for Invisalign braces. It takes nice pictures but that sucker is heavy.

As far as I remember, you can only adjust the screen's brightness and contrast. And that's globally, not for just videos. And I'm pretty sure you can't adjust the color. I saw nothing about it in the manual, and I've never come across the option when using my D3.

I found the color adjustments. You go into settings in the A/v menu and the click V. Screen or something. And you can actually adjust like 5 or 6 different things. It had Brightness, Contrast, Color, Hue (i dont know what that is) and a couple others i think.