AVIC411.com

anybody get there rebate yet?

This is a pretty cool forum, but not a very active one. Most seem to come here for technical info and 911 help me type of posts.

I just received my unit yesterday, so I haven't mailed in my rebate yet.

Most rebates seem to take between 6-8 weeks to arrive in your mailbox.

Just be patient and so long as you bought yours from an authorized Pioneer dealer you should get it.

I am an installer at best buy and yes you do get the rebate. We price the unit at $699.99 retail. So you dont have to mail in the rebate if you buy it at best buy, we dont charge you the full $1000 for the unit. Also, if you buy the D3 at Best Buy the bluetooth module is included. So you get the D3 and the Bluetooth module for $700, not a bad deal.....

I first got interested in the D3 because of a salesman at Best Buy telling me it came with the bluetooth and the iPod cable. I would have bought it that day but it was out of stock. When it came back in stock I asked them if it came with the bluetooth unit and they told me that it did not and that the guy that originally told me that was nuts! What is with that?

I first got interested in the D3 because of a salesman at Best Buy telling me it came with the bluetooth and the iPod cable. I would have bought it that day but it was out of stock. When it came back in stock I asked them if it came with the bluetooth unit and they told me that it did not and that the guy that originally told me that was nuts! What is with that?

The AVIC-D3 comes with just the D3 HU. AVIC-D3X comes with the D3 HU, bluetooth adapter, remote, and ipod cable. AVIC-D3Y comes with the D3 HU and the bluetooth adapter. 3 different packages, 3 different prices. Not sure which ones BB sells, but they are overpriced. I just got the D3Y package from abt.com for $595, but I just looked it up to link here and it is missing. Seems the D3 inventory is really drying up with the F-series coming out soon.

^ the stock is low because of the incredibly low market price it's currently selling at... It's not DIRECTLY related to the impending release of the F-series units, but that's a part of it.

asics130 i dont know what best buy you went to and if it is different from what are selling, but in the bay area, ca stores they all come with it. We are still going through some of our old stock which dont have it, but all the stock have them, trust me i just sold and installed one two days ago. Ours doesn't come with the ipod cable though.

one more thing, i posted this on the bakground thread but no one is responding, is there a way to add visualizers to the D3?

got my $200 rebate check today. was worried i wasnt going to because of what people were saying about the fine print. I bought my D3 on amazon from an amazon vendor (not directly from amazon, just through it) for $600 shipped, sold my N1 for about $350 and got my rebate today: so total price paid for my D3: $50 :) needless to say, Im quite happy. Rebate check took approx 2 months to get to me, I was actually going to try and contact them next week if I hadn't gotten it.