AVIC411.com

General F Series Question / Opinion

I plan on a F900, but since you guys all know your stuff, if I am using a single 4 channel Alpine amp to power the fronts and rears, and a single self powered sub, do you think I need a crossover, or can I just use the outs from the F series, since it has front, rear and sub, then use the internal balance, fade, etc. ? Is this a correct assumption?

Thanks,

jan

As far as the AV inputs go, does the rear av input get taken up by the iPod video adapter or does the iPod audio/video cable have it's own input? I'm planning on installing a 360 and the iPod and do not want to run into having to use an A/B switch.

As far as the AV inputs go, does the rear av input get taken up by the iPod video adapter or does the iPod audio/video cable have it's own input? I'm planning on installing a 360 and the iPod and do not want to run into having to use an A/B switch.

I will be doing the same thing as you are doing with your 360 only I will be doing this with my iphone. I plan to use Y adapters on the AV input so I can use both ipod and iphone over the same input.

I will be doing the same thing as you are doing with your 360 only I will be doing this with my iphone. I plan to use Y adapters on the AV input so I can use both ipod and iphone over the same input.

Wow, I was thinking the same thing last night. That way, I just have to make sure both sources are not on at the same time or else it makes for a nice video show.

Just noticed this: In the brochure for the Euro Avic F series, when using the iPod video cable, it says to go into the AV Settings and set AV Input 1 to "iPod" which makes me think that it will disable/gray out the AV1 source on the source menu, thereby making it only possible to access the AV1 input through the iPod source. Do you think that this will be the case? Either way, if it is, I'll just skip out on the iPod video cable and just use the USB part and play any video files through the 360, which supports Divx, MP4, WMV, etc.

Yes, was told the AV1 input gets used up by the ipod video cable. Apparently to get the album covers on screen and the 6th gen ipods to transfer video

Just noticed this: In the brochure for the Euro Avic F series, when using the iPod video cable, it says to go into the AV Settings and set AV Input 1 to "iPod" which makes me think that it will disable/gray out the AV1 source on the source menu, thereby making it only possible to access the AV1 input through the iPod source. Do you think that this will be the case? Either way, if it is, I'll just skip out on the iPod video cable and just use the USB part and play any video files through the 360, which supports Divx, MP4, WMV, etc.

Are you sure about the album art through video cable thing? I did not think that the album art would go through the video cable as album art is stored and pulled directly from the ID3 tag of the mp3. I had the Kenwood 5120 and if it is anything like that, it SHOULD get it from the song itself over USB. However, the Pioneer could be different. Time will tell I guess.