AVIC411.com

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping that JasonH will have an answer on this soon. I'm going to be selling my D3 to upgrade, but not being able to bypass would likely stop me from selling.

It's not just the video (which aside from being illegal, is REALLY dumb to be watching while driving -> unsafe), but being able to change destination and/or other nav related stuff while driving.

Not everyone drives by themselves, and being able to have my girlfiriend do searches for stuff while I'm on the highway is def handy.

Do you think we will be able to " bypass " this system?

why would you want to,its illegal :x

its also a great way to stay awake if your on a long drive. speeding is illegal too but every1 does that too, and how many people really wear their seatbelts? or drive while talkin on ur cell phone? just be responsible with it and you'll be fine

I for one, never bypassed my D3, and it was a royal pain in the ass. Even when stopped, I couldn't modify anything or type in addresses. It took so long for the system to finish booting up after starting my car, I could be 5 houses down the street by the time the system finally let me type anything. I finally learned to compensate by pulling up the parking break every time I was at a stop sign or a stop light. Quite annoying. And, if someone was the passenger in the car (which is most of the type since my husband & I share a car), it's down right silly to have to pull over and pull up the parking break just to look up where a nearby restaurant might be.

I for one, never bypassed my D3, and it was a royal pain in the ass. Even when stopped, I couldn't modify anything or type in addresses. It took so long for the system to finish booting up after starting my car, I could be 5 houses down the street by the time the system finally let me type anything. I finally learned to compensate by pulling up the parking break every time I was at a stop sign or a stop light. Quite annoying. And, if someone was the passenger in the car (which is most of the type since my husband & I share a car), it's down right silly to have to pull over and pull up the parking break just to look up where a nearby restaurant might be.

the d3 is a simple 2 wire bypass, deffinitly worth the 5 minutes installing it

Just recieved our first F700BT and installed it in my own car for inspection purposes. Very nice! Tried just grounding light green wire first and video shuts off when hitting around 10mph. then took the mute wire and moved it into the empty slot just above it on the end of the harness and grounded it. no luck and video shuts off the same. I'll keep trying other ways know and see if anything hits. good luck to us!

Just recieved our first F700BT and installed it in my own car for inspection purposes. Very nice! Tried just grounding light green wire first and video shuts off when hitting around 10mph. then took the mute wire and moved it into the empty slot just above it on the end of the harness and grounded it. no luck and video shuts off the same. I'll keep trying other ways know and see if anything hits. good luck to us!

not to be a buzzkill, but a good portion of this forum is dedicated to finding ways to bypass pioneers units...im sure pioneer caught on and fixed the wire method for the F so it may be almost impossible to bypass it.

You're kidding yourself if you think they want to make them difficult to bypass...they wouldn't sell any like when the Z2 first came out. The wire method is perfect for them because it proves that the deck wasn't hooked up as was intended in the manual. Thats why they stuck with it for the D3/N4/and entire Z-series. I would bet that its still a wire that needs to be moved, will just take some experimenting to figure out which one

not to be a buzzkill, but a good portion of this forum is dedicated to finding ways to bypass pioneers units...im sure pioneer caught on and fixed the wire method for the F so it may be almost impossible to bypass it.

How many open holes in the RCA harness?

Just throwing out ideas.

not sure if this is how it would even work or not.

but as for the parking brake. does the parking brake provide a low current voltage when engaged? if the AVIC brake line was something that could be hooked up to say, a remote line.? to trick the unit into thinking it's engaged? I'm guessing that if there was a computer signal for the brake being active. A. it would be different from car to car. B. the unit wouldn't know how to read it.

-> I re-read the previous post. interesting that it's shutting off after about 10mph. would it still do this with the GPS unplugged? and is the VSS line hooked up?

just trying to think of ways to trick it. fingers crossed that a solution can be found. I'd hate to have to hold onto my D3 because of this. I can't not have it bypassed. I need access to the nav features.