AVIC411.com

On the fence F90BT or DNX 8120

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The F90 takes a bit longer than the z2 but not by alot.

As for drive times being only a few mins, am I the only one doesn't just start the car and throw it right in gear? ;)

haha good point. maybe the f90 will teach me patience ;)

I have learned to turn the car on as soon as I get in then put on seatbelt, grab sunglasses, take down sunshade, etc. Give the car a moment to warm up and lets your nav boot. Then you are ready to go.

Also, now that the bypass is in place you can start driving and still do a few things once its done loading.

Last thing to consider, the music does start well before it is done loading. its not like I am listening to silence the whole time. That would be far more annoying :)

I always give the car a minute or so to get all the fluids moving and everything. Waiting for the avic to boot up won't be a problem. It never hurts to take a minute or two to get yourself situated.

I have learned to turn the car on as soon as I get in then put on seatbelt, grab sunglasses, take down sunshade, etc. Give the car a moment to warm up and lets your nav boot. Then you are ready to go.

Also, now that the bypass is in place you can start driving and still do a few things once its done loading.

Last thing to consider, the music does start well before it is done loading. its not like I am listening to silence the whole time. That would be far more annoying :)

Oh ok, didn't realize the last part, if it still plays music while loading then I have no problem at all :) Thanks for clarifying.

I actually don't care about full boot time, I want to know how long until music starts playing. I don't plan to use the nav all the time, so if I shut down the unit playing FM preset 1, how long after I restart the car do I start hearing FM preset 1 again?

If that time is < 10 seconds I am good.

If you leave it on FM/AM then I would say it's takes right around 10-15 seconds to play. If you turn the car off using iPOD then it's more like 30sec to 1 min. And that's IF the unit decides to see the iPOD connected that day. (Sometimes my unit won't recognized my 5.5G iPOD and I will have to unplug it and plug it back in.)

Hope this helps

Mine has never not detected it but it does take a bit longer or ipod to start. Its still around 30 seconds though. XM is also faster like am/fm so I assume Sirius or sd card would be as well. I think the delay there is the usb driver.

Doesn't the 8120 have far better SQ? I read at another forum that the sound quality for the 8120 was much better. That right there and the better performing bluetooth and Garmin navi has steered in toward the 8120. I'm prolly gonna have the 8120 installed next week in my 09 Xb.

I could careless about searching gas prices and voice activated ipod controlls if the bluetooth and navi are inferior...or am I missing something here?

8120 has 5v preouts and the 90BT 4v preouts

If you leave it on FM/AM then I would say it's takes right around 10-15 seconds to play. If you turn the car off using iPOD then it's more like 30sec to 1 min. And that's IF the unit decides to see the iPOD connected that day. (Sometimes my unit won't recognized my 5.5G iPOD and I will have to unplug it and plug it back in.)

Hope this helps

That is absolutely abysmal. Seriously, does anyone at Pioneer actually use these units?

Hope this helps

Wait... You have this problem too?? I had it happen almost every time I got in my car with my 5.5G iPod. I would have to disconnect and reconnect just like you said. So even with the official cable it does this. I thought maybe mine did it due to me using the PC usb cable.

Edit: Also, my Kenwood DNX8120 should be in tomorrow. Can't wait!