AVIC411.com

DVD Player w. IP Bus Control

I know that Pioneer doesn't make one, but if I had a single DVD player (not from Pioneer) that had an IP-Bus (but not AV-Bus) would I be able to control it through the D2?

Something like [url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=250016633462&ih=015&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT]this[/url], but a single disc.
Theoretically if there existed a single disc DVD player w/IP-Bus, it should be able to control it, but I don't think such a thing exists. IP-Bus is proprietary to Pioneer. It's possible Pioneer made something like that for the Japanese market, but I've looked before and didn't find anything like that.
[quote name="homer1"]Keep an eye on Ebay for a SDV-P7. Pioneer stopped making these 1-2 years ago(WAY TOO EXPENSIVE!!), but they will work on the IP-Bus[/quote]

Thanks! My next response was actually going to ask for the model number of the DVD player Pioneer used to make.

I will keep an eye out!
  • 2 weeks later...
Yea when I saw that I was shocked also.

I expected it to go for $80 at the most, and I was going to spend that. But when I saw it go from $40 to $400 I was floored.

And now, of course, everyone who has one will expect to get $400 for it and that kinda sucks :?

Oh well, I'm going for that dvd changer with IP bus control that I posted about the other day.
Well I'm looking for either one.

I've been bidding on both of them on (unsucessfully so far) and would take either one.

I really don't need the 6 disc DVD (although it is much cooler) and I'm still not 100% that it'll work on the D2. Since I know the SDV-P7 will work on the D2, I've been looking for that too, and will take either one, depending on which one I win.
[quote name="BobyYoo"]why spend so much on a dvd player just to have the ip-bus.

it is no big deal to get some other brand that comes with a remote control and a infrared eye that you can put anywhere[/quote]

Because I don't want to use a remote. I want to be able to control it from the D2, hence the need for the IP bus.
yeah that's nice, but i would never spend like $150+ for a dvd player.

i dont see why you really need to control it, since all you have to do is push play and watch movie.

unless you want those that can read videoclips or mpeg. But i doubt the one that pioneer sell can read those format.

that's just my opinion