AVIC411.com

05 Scion tC install

i have a 05 tC as well

it looks really nice. Did the installer have any problems installing it because of the hood?

And also...because of the hood...do you have no complaints about the brightness of the screen due to the area being slightly hooded

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
VSS WIRE Violet At ECM (behind glove box) AC

That is not the only VSS Wire

The easiest one to use is the Yellow in the 3rd Radio Harness, not that two that are typically used. It is also a VSS for factory nav, if they decide to incorporate it one day, and it makes for a cleaner install, all the wires are in the same place essentially.

I drive an 07 tC, what wires did you tap/wiring harness did you use?

I also have an 07 tC you can use the Metra MET 99-1761, the typical Toyota Smart Harness, Plug in the two outlets to their respective coordinating harnesses and cut the smart end off. From there go color for color on the Pioneer harness to the smart harness, solder & tape.

Ground the parking brake wire, do the pin replacement for the bypass, find the yellow wire in the 3rd radio harness, used for incorporation of factory nav when they release a capable unit, for your VSS, no need to go behind the glove box and look on the ECM.

Run your GPS antenna along the drivers side, if you look up under the dash there is a hole that can be used to run the GPS wire through, it will come out on the driver side slightly behind the firewall, I generally place the antenna on a discrete portion of the windshield secured with double sided tape. To be more specific in the lower right hand corner of the windshield and tuck the excess wire either behind the radio or zip tied under the dash.

Voila! You are done.