AVIC411.com

avic d3 aux input

i Have a d3 and was wondering if it was possible for the front aux to show video or if it is only for audio. If so when you got audio going through your speakers what do you have on the screen. My Screen is black with no video i cant even put my background picture on the aux2. Do i have to connect it through the back to get the video to show?? any answers will be very appreciated.

i have my zune connected to it and i get the audio just fine but no video and i have gone into the settings to turn on the video on the zune to display on an external monitor. Also the correct source is aux2 and i have the settings on the D3 is set to video. Thanks

If you'll notice, the video cable has 4 contacts on it...

Left audio

Right audio

Video

Ground

While the audio cable has only 3 contacts on it...

Left audio

Right audio

Ground

Make sure you are using a video cable and not just an audio cable.

Video Cable:

55-998-215-03.jpg

Audio cable:

82-339-039-01.jpg

• 4 months later...

I bought one of these audio/video cables and it still did not work on the front input of the D3. The 6th Gen Ipod keeps looking for Apple device cable.

Anyway to get around this using the front input of the D3 and 6th Gen 160Gig Ipod?

If you'll notice, the video cable has 4 contacts on it...

Left audio

Right audio

Video

Ground

While the audio cable has only 3 contacts on it...

Left audio

Right audio

Ground

Make sure you are using a video cable and not just an audio cable.

Video Cable:

55-998-215-03.jpg

Audio cable:

82-339-039-01.jpg

Here's the problem. The cable from the Apple store has 3.5 plug for the Ipod and 3 RCA jacks, 2 audio and 1 video for the input however I need 3.5 plug for the input to the D3 vs the RCA plugs. How do I convert the 3 RCA's to 3.5 plug?

Or does Apple sell a 3.5 to 3.5 A/V cable?

Ya, buy the white cable in the picture from the apple store. Turn on the front input in the menu and plug it in

i dont remimber witch one but u can take a standard camcorder 3.5mm to composite cable. (like the apple ipod cable. and swap around the signals till u find the right combonation.

for ex. the standard composite camcoder cable (again i dont remimber witch) but u can switch the red and yellow and it works.

Does anyone know what is in the Apple cable that is different from a regular cable? I bought a 3.5 to 3.5 a/v cable from ebay however the Ipod is looking for some type of signal. Must be a way to get around buying a $50 cable.

i dont remimber witch one but u can take a standard camcorder 3.5mm to composite cable. (like the apple ipod cable. and swap around the signals till u find the right combonation.

for ex. the standard composite camcoder cable (again i dont remimber witch) but u can switch the red and yellow and it works.

I don't think that there is a cable out there that will go from 3.5mm a/v to 3.5mm a/v.

Looks like you'll need the official apple video out cable and this:

h130CDRM10-f_mt.jpeg

from pioneer.

actually there is a cable for 3.5mm av to 3.5mm av, it is one of the accessories offered for the d3 on the pioneer website. I have it ant it works fine.