AVIC411.com

What Is The Best Back Up Camera!

i have the boyo 400. its a complete license plate frame and is black metal. i absolutely love it and it has a great picture. ive had mine for over a year with zero problems. bought it online for around $100-120.

oh and i mounted auxiliary backup lights on my trailer hitch ($35 from cabelas and you dont even have to drill a hole). at night in complete darkness i can see like it was bright daylight!

like someone above said, i use it to pull right up to my trailers and then just drop onto the ball. works PERFECT and is worth the cost of my entire setup just for that feature. i use my boat very often and am almost always hooking up to it by myself. on several occassions i would have friends with me and they dont always notice the camera so i whip around and back up to the trailer perfectly and they are amazed and usually i will point to the camera. i picked my boat up from the mechanic last week and whipped right up to it and the kid was freaking out telling me to stop and i had it perfect where he just had to lower the tongue. he was amazed and just kept saying "ive never seen anyone do that before!!" and i just smiled and said "yea, im pretty good" :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any experience with keyhole cameras? I found this on eBay but wanted to see if anyone else had done it before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260279984288&rd=1

If I get it I plan on putting it where my trunk keyhole would be. I thought about getting a plate-mounted camera but I think this would be a lot more sleek.

i have the boyo 400. its a complete license plate frame and is black metal. i absolutely love it and it has a great picture. ive had mine for over a year with zero problems. bought it online for around $100-120.

oh and i mounted auxiliary backup lights on my trailer hitch ($35 from cabelas and you dont even have to drill a hole). at night in complete darkness i can see like it was bright daylight!

like someone above said, i use it to pull right up to my trailers and then just drop onto the ball. works PERFECT and is worth the cost of my entire setup just for that feature. i use my boat very often and am almost always hooking up to it by myself. on several occassions i would have friends with me and they dont always notice the camera so i whip around and back up to the trailer perfectly and they are amazed and usually i will point to the camera. i picked my boat up from the mechanic last week and whipped right up to it and the kid was freaking out telling me to stop and i had it perfect where he just had to lower the tongue. he was amazed and just kept saying "ive never seen anyone do that before!!" and i just smiled and said "yea, im pretty good" :lol:

I have the same you do but chrome, very nice camera :)

That's actually pretty cool. I have the trunk release on my key and a button inside the cab so that keyhole's pretty useless to me...plus it's very discreet

Same here...I have the release inside the cabin as most cars do. I don't think I've ever made use of the keyhole in the trunk.

I can't be the first one to think of this so can some post their installed photo/review of it?? :wink:

• 3 years later...

lol im talking quality and viewing angle, not discreetness lol

This function is controlled by the avic and not the camera. Your avic will need to be properly wired in order to engage the camera while in reverse.

Effectively controls everything AVIC ...