AVIC411.com

Is June 2006 safe bet or not?

[quote name="branas"]So, my April '06 model is being installed today. Do I need to worry that a software update will create the problem of not being able to bypass? Or is this a hardware issue on the July and later units?[/quote]

I would be worried. Some people may disagree. But we don't know for 100% what can and can not effect the bypass.
[quote name="branas"]So, my April '06 model is being installed today. Do I need to worry that a software update will create the problem of not being able to bypass? Or is this a hardware issue on the July and later units?[/quote]

I can promise Pioneer that I will not buy their software update until it has been determined that the bypass will be left alone.

I left years of loyalty with Alpine to buy Two of these AVIC Z1's but would consider them worthless if I cant do a POI or address search while rolling. That’s just how I feel...
[quote name="drober30"]I can promise Pioneer that I will not buy their software update until it has been determined that the bypass will be left alone.
[/quote]

I don't believe they will be selling the update. I think it will be a free update from the web site. And yes, I wouldn't want to ruin the bypass either.
hey everyone. new to the forum but over the weekend purchased two z1's and started playing with them. the light flash doesnt work so i dont think the bypass will. The production dates are July 2006. i did notice that if you ground the parking brake, cut the VSS that the DVD will play until it picks up from the GPS that your moving. After that if you put the VSS wire on for a split second and disconnect, the DVD will start playing for another 10 minutes. meanwhile at least all of the POI and everything else works as well. Hopefully Ducatiboy can help me out further for my trip tomorrow...
[quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="drober30"]I can promise Pioneer that I will not buy their software update until it has been determined that the bypass will be left alone.
[/quote]

I don't believe they will be selling the update. I think it will be a free update from the web site. And yes, I wouldn't want to ruin the bypass either.[/quote]

Interesting, Alpine sells all there updated maps and features for $300 a pop. I purchased when it was a major version change not a minor one.

Also, Alpine use to give you a free upgrade to a minor change after you bought the unit if your unit did not come with the latest version. If it was a complete version change than it cost you $300.00
[quote name="chadillac17"]Hopefully Ducatiboy can help me out further for my trip tomorrow...[/quote]

For tomorrow? Don't count on it. I do have a life outside of Z1's :) I'm working on it. I hope to try some of my theories and ideas over the next few days or so (depending on how much sunny motorcycle weather we get... the less of that, the more Z1 work... and you guys... stop praying for rain). :D
[quote name="chadillac17"]of course, disconnecting the VSS, GPS and grounding the brake wire allows DVD while in motion. any ideas on putting a switch on the GPS. I heard they were ohm specific so cutting the wire and putting a switch might not work. any ideas until the "new" Ducati comes out.[/quote]

Yah, that will work for a while till the accelerometers take over and realize the vehicle is moving. That tended to happen when I tried this.

The new bypass will most likely be found in weeks not months. I'm sure we will figure out something soon and it won't involve switches and relays cutting out features.