AVIC411.com

Ford F150 - Finished Product

First let me start off by saying those pictures might as well been mine. I have the same truck with a 90bt. The only thing I cant't stand about the HD and sirius interfaces is with the preset screen. You can't see what frequency (HD) or station number (Sirius) you have set for 1, 2, 3, and so on like you can on the regular radio. You have to memorize what you have there. BTW my bluetooth works flawlessly. I have the mike on the steering column, with the excess wire rolled up out of sight next to the column inside the dash. I have an ATT tilt. It does not matter what I have the phone's earpiece volume set at when I pair. My barely can tell the difference in the sound when over the unit BT.

...The only thing I cant't stand about the HD and sirius interfaces is with the preset screen. You can't see what frequency (HD) or station number (Sirius) you have set for 1, 2, 3, and so on like you can on the regular radio. You have to memorize what you have there. ..

useful info, thanks

• 5 months later...

Looks like it came from the factory like that. I used to have a 06 F150 and had my Avic D3 installed and people couldn't tell if it was aftermarket or not. I didn't have any issues reusing the factory Sirius antenna. You just have to remove the plastic casing around the connector to make it fit an aftermarket Sirius tuner. I used double sided tape to attach the Sirius-PNR2 for the D3 to the bottom side of the factory Sirius box. I mounted my GPS antenna under the tray on the metal bracket right behind the radio, and that worked great.

I recommend http://bestkits.com if you don't like the Metra or Crutchfield dash kit. The bestkit one is way more robust and factory looking. It also fit much better than the Crutchfield kit I had.

Nice install, I'm installing mine in a Ranger. I am going back to the store today because the double din does not seem to fit properly, the Mounting screws are not long enough to screw the mounting hardware on and the slide guide on the back cannot be mounted low enough because the slide is on the bottom not the top.

Could you post some pics of your IPod install as well as backup camera install please.

Thanx