AVIC411.com

finally here; new maps are on pioneer's website

Thats great news but unfortunatly it's just an update to the website. The disks willonly be available in august.

Another bad news, it states "Map data update only". So forget the firmware update! :(

That is true but while I was reading it it says " Upgrade for the DVD Touch Panel Navigation Systems (AVIC-N4, AVIC-D3)" right beside it and when u scroll down it says "Also compatible with (AVIC-N3, AVIC-N2, AVIC-D2, AVIC-N1, AVIC-D1, AVIC-88D, AVIC-80D, AVIC-90D, and AVIC-9DVD)

Map data update only." <-------That is posted right under it. So hey we might have a touch screen update for our units. Hopes still alive my friends.

and they said it would never happen. Mine is working pretty well so i am fine with the map only update, given all the problems they have been having with the new models, I am not sure I want them to try to improve things. heck if they fixed the small problems on the d3, I would have no reason to be saving for the f900bt.

Sounds like from the explanation that it's possibly a firmware and map data update for the N4 and D3, while just map data update for the other units listed. But that's just being optimistic.

That's exactly what I thought when I read it.

I hope it is a firmware update to fix the iPod menu bug.

Other then that bug I have no real issues with the unit and I don’t understand why anyone would “upgrade†to an f900.