AVIC411.com

playing around in "test mode"

I was getting the same error on mine as well. then I started to get the "screen goes black" issue. I ended up trying to apply the latest update from pioneer(it already was supposed to have this installed). The updates were applied, but the hu still doesn't come to the main menu. However it does let me get into Windows CE! There could be an update on the hu made by pioneer (my unit was manufactured 7/28/08) before they were released. Not much time to do anything more tonight.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
MapDBinfo:0x100 <=> Device:0x0010

AU: 0x0001

EW: 0x0010

RE: 0x0100

UC: 0x1000

is the message on that window :(

I'd guess that it is refusing to proceed because it knows the device is an EW (European) and the MapDBInfo.txt file on the SD card is an UC (USA & Canada) file... AU is Australia I think, and no idea what RE is.

RE is probably for the Russian model. And i can confirm that changing UC to EW in MapDBInfo.txt makes it boot into testmode on Europeean models.

Guys,

Booting into test mode on an EU F900BT with the files on the forum which are originally US (even changing the area to EW) messed up my system.

The system won't boot now. Just a black screen. I can go into WinCE and that's all. Can someone help me to find the EU verion of the MapDBInfo.txt file please.

Guys,

Booting into test mode on an EU F900BT with the files on the forum which are originally US (even changing the area to EW) messed up my system.

The system won't boot now. Just a black screen. I can go into WinCE and that's all. Can someone help me to find the EU verion of the MapDBInfo.txt file please.

U could download the latest update from Pioneer if u don't have them stored, and just snag some files from it and implement them into whatever mod u want to run.

But find it strange that it didn't work out for u. It works perfect for me. Problems have happened to me when i've replaced original data.zip with various hacks, but nothing serious though. Testmode works fine for me with the files supplied here, and doing the above mentioned modification in the .txt file. Hope it eventually will work out for U!

• 1 month later...