AVIC411.com

Resolved Issues

That's slightly difficult, because a lot of the fixes (and also the complaints) were qualitative in nature, and not quantitative. For example, the Bluetooth is much better, but is it fixed? That will depend on what your expectations are. It's nowhere near as good as the OEM system in my Audi or an Acura my dad owns.

Same thing with the display brightness, the iPod voice cataloging feature, and the boot time.

But, on the whole I would say the update now makes all of the features the F-Series is advertised as having at least useable, and for most people that will be good enough.

That's slightly difficult, because a lot of the fixes (and also the complaints) were qualitative in nature, and not quantitative. For example, the Bluetooth is much better, but is it fixed? That will depend on what your expectations are. It's nowhere near as good as the OEM system in my Audi or an Acura my dad owns.

Same thing with the display brightness, the iPod voice cataloging feature, and the boot time.

But, on the whole I would say the update now makes all of the features the F-Series is advertised as having at least useable, and for most people that will be good enough.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The BT is now useable but nowhere near perfect. No keypad, no mute, heavy hiss in the background and quirky things like once in a while zooming all the way out or all the way in when answering a call...but does it work now? Yes.

before: screen was difficult to see in sun

after: perfect after you increase the brightness

before: bluetooth worked and sounded fine

after: bluetooth sounds great

before: static in voice of unit

after: gone

before: sometimes screen was a little unresponsive

after: workes like it should

I don't have an ipod but they say they boot faster now.

wish they would fix the preset issue in HD and Sirus (cant see what you have set)

before: liked my f90bt

after: think it is a great radio. it gives my $400 infinty component door speakers and their $300 dollar pioneer amp, and my two 10" kicker subs and their $300 pioneer amp the quality signals they need to perform up to

their maximum abilities.

thats all I got

pretty much everything stated above is fixed...bluetooth worked ok for me before..now it works really well..screen is not washed out and looks real nice..ipod is not in alphabetical order anymore...screen is responsive..

something i also noticed is that music sounds alot better now, like it improved the sound of my stereo..i had it on powerful eq before the update and bass and songs sounded terrible, now? it has powerful bass and the sound just seems alot better...i dont know how its possible seeing as it was just a firmware update, but i swear theirs a difference.

Instead of resolved issues, a new post-update buglist thread might be more helpful to Pioneer. They shouldn't rest on their laurels until the firmware is nearly flawless.

it is nearly flawless now. the voice recognition can now be used without waiting minutes upon minutes, the bluetooth is now very usable & the screen is much brighter. the only unfixed things are little things that most likey werent selling factors or deal breakers.

another thing i noticed that was fixed was the estimated distance till the next turn when on route. where pre-fw it would say in 400 ft turn right when its like 20, now its pretty much on the dot. has anyone else noticed this too?