AVIC411.com

Nighttime Display on Chevy..Help!

i have an 03 envoy with daytime running lights. i dont know what your using for an interface, but i used the gmos-04 in my install and i had two wire options on it. first i tried the orange wire (illumination) and that didnt work. then tried the orange/white wire (dimmer) and it works great. its hooked to the orange/white wire on the d3. the avic now dims when my dash lights dim. it wont adjust up and down like the dash lights but it does have two settings daytime and nightime. also, the dashlights on gm's dont dim with daytime running lights, just headlights. im sure you knew some of this, just my 2 cents.

I tried the orange wire and the orange/white wire, both to no avail. I don't know how to get it working. I'm also using the GMOS-04 so I don't see why mine would be any different than an 03 Envoy. And it's really annoying to have to take the unit out and try to squeeze it back in, so I don't know if it's even worth trying any more.

I tried the orange wire and the orange/white wire, both to no avail. I don't know how to get it working. I'm also using the GMOS-04 so I don't see why mine would be any different than an 03 Envoy. And it's really annoying to have to take the unit out and try to squeeze it back in, so I don't know if it's even worth trying any more.

you can splice that wire to anything that turns on only at night, like sidemarkers for example. just run the ILL/orange wire from the unit and splice it to the positive wire of whatever you choose to use.

• 6 months later...

Since my d2 upgrade to 80 with peripheral interface on GM H3 using auto lighting option my screen illumination is wrong...

Its hit or miss depending on lite of day. Next time I pull the head will have to check the wires and see what to do...

Dam newfangled complex toys!

• 1 month later...

i just did this in my 05 silverado 1500 for my D3....you have to strip the D3 ILL wire and connect wire to it (some 18 gauge) and run that wire to light switch harness behind the dash...for my truck the dimmer wire to tap it into was the brown/white wire...take the light switch harness off and then pull the harness plug out and the brown/white wire was on the bottom left when looking at it from where the wires go in the harness...

• 2 weeks later...
i have an 03 envoy with daytime running lights. i dont know what your using for an interface, but i used the gmos-04 in my install and i had two wire options on it. first i tried the orange wire (illumination) and that didnt work. then tried the orange/white wire (dimmer) and it works great. its hooked to the orange/white wire on the d3. the avic now dims when my dash lights dim. it wont adjust up and down like the dash lights but it does have two settings daytime and nightime. also, the dashlights on gm's dont dim with daytime running lights, just headlights. im sure you knew some of this, just my 2 cents.

Sorry to bring back a dead thread, but I wanted to post what worked for me. I also used the illumination wire from a GMOS-04 and it worked perfectly. (07 Saab 9-7X- same as a Trailblazer/Envoy/Ascender/Bravada/Rainier)

Tim