AVIC "F" Series Bypass (Picture Guide)

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now I'm pissed.

I grounded the PB wire by soldering it into the factory ground, moved the yel/blk to the right spot and grounded that in as well. Both soldered nicely. It still gives me the parking brake improper connection warning.

So I cut the green wire and drive around with it ungrounded. It keeps the unit disabled rom address selection and video. When I ground it, as long as I'm going less than 8mph it is OK.

Is this proof that my yel/blk is not fully seated or not grounded out?

Of course from here I can just do the software bypass, but I'd rather have it hardware based. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Problem found. Wires were all nicely soldered and grounded on the factory ground. In the Subaru there is also a clip on ground on the passenger side of the DIN mounts. I tested this ground out and it was not fully grounded. Finally fixed.

ive done a serious amount of reading on this forum, and i have read contradicting posts about this topic...i have already done the software bypass, do i only need to ground the parking brake wire?? do i also need to do the work with the mute wire??

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17715&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=bypass&start=45

Reading through this thread it's been stated that the software by-pass replaces the "Ground Mute Wire" procedure.

I try not to mess with more than necessary...

• 2 weeks later...

i tried doing the hardware bypass grounded PB/relocated and grounded the mute wire = NO GO. i gave up on the hardware bypass thought i'd try my luck with the software bypass and update my firmware to 2.0 while i'm at it. opened the data.zip folder up through winrar changed the parking break value to 128.0, saved and updated the archive through winrar, transfered to SD card, inserted it into the unit with my vehicle off, turned the key on, white update screen poped up and displayed a Data.zip error message. update screen didn't go past this message. does anybody have a modified data.zip/pioneer.ini bypass file that works. my e-mail is axeffect76@hotmail.com. or if you know what i am doing wrong please correct me because i'm quite frustrated. your help is greatly appreciated...

*THESE DIRECTIONS ARE COMPLETE YOU WON'T GET LOST UNLESS YOU'RE A LOST CAUSE :wink:

*Your parking brake wire (light green) has to be grounded. You can ground it to the black wire coming off the black power harness that connects to your stock radio ground connection, the cigarette lighter black ground, the vehicle chassis, etc.

*I updated my Avic to 2.0 firmware, its up to you if you want to do this because all you're trying to do is replace the "data.zip" file. Or if you don't want to upgrade you can follow steps 1-4,6 to access your Avic and copy/paste the original file from your Avic to SD card, open it up on your computer, edit it as mentioned below, put it back on your SD card, then follow steps 7-15. On how to Upgrade your firmware search avic411 or go to:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... e+Download

1. Make sure you are a registered member of avic411 or else you won't be able to see the files you need to download.

2. Download the Testmode.zip file folder from:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

3. Use Winrar (people have reported problems with Winzip) and open up Testmode.zip

4. Extract BOTH Testmode and MiTACAP files to your desktop by highlighting the folders and clicking the "Extract To" tab on Winrar and selecting "Desktop".

5. Get a hold of the data.zip file, you will need to edit it THROUGH Winrar. If you upgrade to the 2.0 Avic Firmware you can find the data.zip file in the firmware folder you download. You can download the firmware off Avic 411 or go to pioneerelectronics.com. Once you have the firmware downloaded open it up with Winrar. Click on F-Series Firmware Update -> LPUE080 -> APL2 -> iGo -> RIGHT CLICK data.zip and select "View File" -> Click project_config -> Click pioneer.ini (opens up in notepad)

Next, scroll down till you see:

[pioneer]

parking_break_speed=16.0

hide_logos=1

Change the "16.0" -> 128.0 , then click "file" "save". You will be prompted File "pioneer.ini" was modified click YES. Also click YES to "data.zip" being modified. Now extract "data.zip" in Winrar to your Desktop by highlighting the folder and clicking the "Extract To" tab on Winrar and selecting "Desktop". You should find it inside the "F-Series Firmware Update" folder by clicking through it.

6. Copy and paste the three files that should now be on your desktop (Testmode/MiTACAP/data.zip) to your SD card.

7. Insert the SD card into your unit with your vehicle powered off.

8. Turn your key to the vehicle ACC on position and your Avic should boot up in WinCE mode.

9. X out of whatever screen pops up till you get to the desktop.

10. Triple click to get into "My Device" is what i believe its called the first icon at the top of the desktop on the Avic.

11. Go into your SD card, highlight the "data.zip" file, click "edit" "copy".

12. Click back, now go into the main Avic drive in "My Device", i think its called flash something...i'm not sure the exact name but you can't miss it.

13. Similar to how you navigated through the firmware to find "data.zip" to change it, click to get to it, LPUE080 -> APL2 -> iGo

14. You should find the original "data.zip" that's on your Avic right now in there.

15. Now click "edit" "paste" and click "Yes to all" to replace the original data.zip with the one that you put on your SD card.

16. Reboot your Avic and you should be good to go.

* I tried describing all the steps by memory to the best of my ability, in the sequence i performed them, and to their fullest detail. i should be charging ppl for this post...lol...hope it helps... 8)

*THESE DIRECTIONS ARE COMPLETE YOU WON'T GET LOST UNLESS YOU'RE A LOST CAUSE :wink:

*Your parking brake wire (light green) has to be grounded. You can ground it to the black wire coming off the black power harness that connects to your stock radio ground connection, the cigarette lighter black ground, the vehicle chassis, etc.

*I updated my Avic to 2.0 firmware, its up to you if you want to do this because all you're trying to do is replace the "data.zip" file. Or if you don't want to upgrade you can follow steps 1-4,6 to access your Avic and copy/paste the original file from your Avic to SD card, open it up on your computer, edit it as mentioned below, put it back on your SD card, then follow steps 7-15. On how to Upgrade your firmware search avic411 or go to:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... e+Download

1. Make sure you are a registered member of avic411 or else you won't be able to see the files you need to download.

2. Download the Testmode.zip file folder from:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

3. Use Winrar (people have reported problems with Winzip) and open up Testmode.zip

4. Extract BOTH Testmode and MiTACAP files to your desktop by highlighting the folders and clicking the "Extract To" tab on Winrar and selecting "Desktop".

5. Get a hold of the data.zip file, you will need to edit it THROUGH Winrar. If you upgrade to the 2.0 Avic Firmware you can find the data.zip file in the firmware folder you download. You can download the firmware off Avic 411 or go to pioneerelectronics.com. Once you have the firmware downloaded open it up with Winrar. Click on F-Series Firmware Update -> LPUE080 -> APL2 -> iGo -> RIGHT CLICK data.zip and select "View File" -> Click project_config -> Click pioneer.ini (opens up in notepad)

Next, scroll down till you see:

[pioneer]

parking_break_speed=16.0

hide_logos=1

Change the "16.0" -> 128.0 , then click "file" "save". You will be prompted File "pioneer.ini" was modified click YES. Also click YES to "data.zip" being modified. Now extract "data.zip" in Winrar to your Desktop by highlighting the folder and clicking the "Extract To" tab on Winrar and selecting "Desktop". You should find it inside the "F-Series Firmware Update" folder by clicking through it.

6. Copy and paste the three files that should now be on your desktop (Testmode/MiTACAP/data.zip) to your SD card.

7. Insert the SD card into your unit with your vehicle powered off.

8. Turn your key to the vehicle ACC on position and your Avic should boot up in WinCE mode.

9. X out of whatever screen pops up till you get to the desktop.

9. Triple click to get into "My Device" is what i believe its called the first icon at the top of the desktop on the Avic.

10. Go into your SD card, highlight the "data.zip" file, click "edit" "copy".

11. Click back, now go into the main Avic drive in "My Device", i think its called flash something...i'm not sure the exact name but you can't miss it.

12. Similar to how you navigated through the firmware to find "data.zip" to change it, click to get to it, LPUE080 -> APL2 -> iGo

13. You should find the original "data.zip" that's on your Avic right now in there.

14. Now click "edit" "paste" and click "Yes to all" to replace the original data.zip with the one that you put on your SD card.

15. Reboot your Avic and you should be good to go.

* I tried describing all the steps by memory to the best of my ability, in the sequence i performed them, and to their fullest detail. i should be charging ppl for this post...lol...hope it helps... 8)

Still not good enough. Either a full video showing every step, or you must go to everyone's house to help perform the bypass for them. :P

Thanks to all for the great info on this site. It is very much appreciated. Just so I'm clear, I can perform the "bypass" (for watching DVDs while moving and entering navigation destinations) in one of two ways:

Pure Hardware Method:

1. Ground parking brake wire.

2. Move mute wire as indicated in first post in this thread.

Hybrid Software/Hardware Method:

1. Ground parking brake wire.

2. Perform software edit indicated by avicf700bt a couple posts above this one.

Can someone please confirm for me that I do NOT need to do "all 3" (i.e. ground parking brake wire, move the mute wire, AND perform the software edit)?

Thanks for everyone's help!

--Mav

I'm a noobie guys, sorry, but I'd LOVE to figure out how to do that SOFTWARE bypass on so I don't have to pull up my parking break to do the NAV and SYSTEM settings (as well as many other things)...where are these DATA and INI files everyone keeps talking about? Sorry, not the tech Savvy...have the F900-BT and want to tweak it a little..any help or direction would be great, thanks so much!

i just bought the unit online and stumbled on this site, and wow it has a lot of helpful information. so hi everyone, im Mike!

I thought this mod was simple to do, moving the pins and switching two wires, but its really shocking to me that NOT EVERYONE CAN DO THIS?! goodness, this topic looks like its been grounded into dust, extending to an amazing 6 pages long.

when my unit comes, i sincerely hope this one mod isnt as hard as every noob here makes it out to be.

well i did everything it said and got everything to show up on the screen and changed the DATA-OLD.ZIP and put the new DATA.ZIP in. then clicked on the reset button on the the unit. But i played a cd and it would only play through my subs but i would only get bass and you could hear the music but it sounded far away. Also the startup progress screen stays on.

On the SD car i only had the Data file and MiTACAP & Testmode files should i of put the others on there from when i updated to the 2.0?