AVIC411.com

AVIC "F" Series Bypass (Picture Guide)

What I did was cut the wires. If I remember correctly I cut the green wire and spliced it to the mute wire and soldered it... then I cut the end of the mute wire and crimped a U shaped end on to it , then grounded it to the frame of my truck with a bolt . Worked perfect!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys, I'm installing my F900BT today, and I want to do the HW bypass, but I just read a post in the thread that made me think twice about it. He suggested using another wire from a computer harness for those that didn't want to "give up the mute wire" Does the HW bypass sacrifice some or all muting functionality when I move/ground the mute wire? e.g. will the system audio not mute when appropriate? e.g. (phone calls I assume). Also is there a tool recommended to remove the wire from the harness? I've been having some trouble getting it out of its original position.

Hey guys, I'm installing my F900BT today, and I want to do the HW bypass, but I just read a post in the thread that made me think twice about it. He suggested using another wire from a computer harness for those that didn't want to "give up the mute wire" Does the HW bypass sacrifice some or all muting functionality when I move/ground the mute wire? e.g. will the system audio not mute when appropriate? e.g. (phone calls I assume). Also is there a tool recommended to remove the wire from the harness? I've been having some trouble getting it out of its original position.

No, you won't lose any features. The mute wire has nothing to do with the kind of muting you're concerned about. Read the installation manual for details on what the mute wire is for.

As for removing the wire, it is a little tricky. I used a small eyeglass screwdriver, which allowed me to press on the plastic tab just enough to let me pull out the wire.

So I did the hardware bypass and it seems that about half of the time I get a caution message saying that the system detected an improper connection to the parking brake. BTW I have a F900BT and with the ver 2.0 update. I thought about also performing the software bypass but someone in another thread said that doing both bypass mods would result in a bricked unit.

ok in 11 pages of this forum i am unclear about the easiset way to bypass. Am I correct in saying that all I have to do is relocate the mute wire to the new location and I will be all set? if so whats all the talk about the parking brake wire being grounded? Did I miss somewhere where it was instructed to do this as well? I am getting my 90BT today and want to install when I get home in my 05 mustang. Any help is appreciated.

ok in 11 pages of this forum i am unclear about the easiset way to bypass. Am I correct in saying that all I have to do is relocate the mute wire to the new location and I will be all set? if so whats all the talk about the parking brake wire being grounded? Did I miss somewhere where it was instructed to do this as well? I am getting my 90BT today and want to install when I get home in my 05 mustang. Any help is appreciated.

You have to ground both the newly located mute wire and the parking brake wire.

so i take the yellow mute wire and connect it to the black ground leads? same for the mint green parking brake wire?

thanks for the help

You first must move the mute (yellow) wire to the proper, new position as described, than solder the newly moved mute wire and the parking brake wire together and cover with shrink wrap, then ground them to a location that has good grounding contact. At least that is how I did it.

so i take the yellow mute wire and connect it to the black ground leads? same for the mint green parking brake wire?

thanks for the help

You first must move the mute (yellow) wire to the proper, new position as described, than solder the newly moved mute wire and the parking brake wire together and cover with shrink wrap, then ground them to a location that has good grounding contact. At least that is how I did it.

I soldered the relocated yellow mute lead, the green parking lead and the black ground lead from the Pioneer HU together. These 3 leads were then soldered to vehicle's ground wire that went to the factory HU. If you use a harness adapter for your vehicle, these 3 leads will be connected to the black ground wire from the harness adapter.

This worked great for me.

I NEED HELP BIG TIME, I TRYED THE SOFTWARE CHANGE TO THE BYPASS, LOAD THE "data.zip, testmode and MITACAP" ON SD CARD AND FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS , WENT TO THE WINDOWS CE AND CHNAGED THE ORIGINAL DATA.ZIP FILE ON IGO, AND NOW I THE SOFTWARE DOESN'T WORK AT ALL, I MEAN WHEN I GOT THE UNIT ON GO THE PIONEER LOGO AND FOR A SECOND A MESSAGE SAYING IS SOME KIND THE PROBLEM WITH ORIGINAL PIONEER SOFTWARE, I DID TRY TO RELOAD THE NEW 2.0 SOFTWARE WITH NO LUCKY, I DO HAVE THE PARKING BREAK AND MUTE WIRE GROUND TOGHETHER.

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT HOW TO FIX OR TO RELOAD THE ORIGINAL SOFTWARE.

THANK YOU!

I NEED HELP BIG TIME, I TRYED THE SOFTWARE CHANGE TO THE BYPASS, LOAD THE "data.zip, testmode and MITACAP" ON SD CARD AND FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS , WENT TO THE WINDOWS CE AND CHNAGED THE ORIGINAL DATA.ZIP FILE ON IGO, AND NOW I THE SOFTWARE DOESN'T WORK AT ALL, I MEAN WHEN I GOT THE UNIT ON GO THE PIONEER LOGO AND FOR A SECOND A MESSAGE SAYING IS SOME KIND THE PROBLEM WITH ORIGINAL PIONEER SOFTWARE, I DID TRY TO RELOAD THE NEW 2.0 SOFTWARE WITH NO LUCKY, I DO HAVE THE PARKING BREAK AND MUTE WIRE GROUND TOGHETHER.

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT HOW TO FIX OR TO RELOAD THE ORIGINAL SOFTWARE.

THANK YOU!

Sorry guys i found my mistake, i did name the data file "data.zip" instead "data", i got W-CE e rename the file to "data" and is working fine.