AVIC "F" Series Bypass (Picture Guide)

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

can i use another wire to do the bypass i need the mute wire for my factory back up system?

and am i correct that grounding the light green parking break wire and the newly relocated wire is all i have to do for the bypass

and what about the pink wire (CAR SPEED SIGNAL INPUT) and the violet/white (REVERSE SIGNAL INPUT) wire do i have to hook them up or can i leave them alone?

thanks

John

Twelve pages in this thread, and NO ONE has explained, with the hardware bypass, what exactly the "new mute wire location" pin is...... Yes we all know it works, but what is this pins official function? Does anyone have a clue? Is it written in the service and repair manuals you can download from here?

Someone please tell me to put my mind at ease :)

Twelve pages in this thread, and NO ONE has explained, with the hardware bypass, what exactly the "new mute wire location" pin is...... Yes we all know it works, but what is this pins official function? Does anyone have a clue? Is it written in the service and repair manuals you can download from here?

There is some speculation here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=19689&start=90#p159041

There are also a couple of explanations floating out there on the interwebs that suggest that you could just as easily use a new, blank wire in that location and get the same effect, but people suggest using the rarely-used mute wire for convenience. Why, exactly, you need a wire plugged into this slot in the harness (whether it be the relocated mute wire or some other wire), I don't know. But, Google is your friend. Nevertheless, I'll take a quick peek and report back if I find anything.

--Mav

Twelve pages in this thread, and NO ONE has explained, with the hardware bypass, what exactly the new pin is or does...... we all know it works, but what is this pins official function?

There is some speculation here

Gee I wonder how the first person discovered this bypass then? Did they just go around grounding random unwired pins while driving around...? :cry:

Well, no...as I understand it, this, or some variation of this, has been the way to bypass Pioneer decks for quite some time. Presumably, the first guy to "discover" it would be able to tell you how he figured it out (which would tell you why it works), but at this point it's sort of collective historical fact, I think.

I looked in the service manual for the F90bt and found that the pin is labeled "kmode" but couldn't find any more than a label.

searched the form and found http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=24779#p24779

doesn't really explain it but at least its not some kind of fluke that grounding that pin enables the bypass.

It might be something pioneer put in there just FOR a bypass, like if you were installing the unit as a demo in a store you would ground the 2 wires and be fully fuctional OR if you are installing the unit in a diff place in the vehicle other then the dash (thinking RV or sleeper area of a truck, or something like that). OR they could have just realized that they would sell more if there WAS a way for the end user to bypass the safety features but thy could not just ship them bypassed from the factory due to laws in most states.