AVIC411.com

AVIC "F" Series Bypass (Picture Guide)

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did this harware bypass but ow i noticed i cant mute the radio or change the voice. I also cant change the settings to change the mute or attenuator whent he navi voice is directing me while i listen to music. Is there a fix or did i do something wrong? Please HELP! :(

The hardware bypass is not a factor in this. The mute button on my steering wheel always works, but pressing and holding the volume knob in only sometimes works.

To change the nav setting to mute the audio when giving directions, you must first go to the audio source screen and select off. With the audio off, you can now go to the nav settings and change the option to mute. (After this, you can turn the audio back on and the setting will stay on mute.)

i cant even select those 3 settings i spoke about. the buttons for those settings are grayed out. I cant select the voice i wanna use like samantha. I cant use the attenuator instead of the mute feature for the navi voice. so you are saying the hardware bypass has nothing to do with this?

Alright. I'm a little scared to post this as I am sure I'll get some criticism along the lines of 'if you don't know that, you should'nt mess with it..etc'. I'm trying to learn, and I think my downfall was not installing the unit myself losing valuable learning.

Anyways, I had 'pros' install my F90BT. It actually works as advertised other than I'm finding that BT kinda slows the system down a bit.

I have never been good with the flow of electrons but I would like to do the hardware bypass. I have read this thread and many others and would like to ask for help on the physical "How to" ground the parking brake wire and the relocated mute wire.

I have pulled my AVIC out with everything is still connected. I have located the mute wire and think I see the parking brake wire (light green wire coming out of Black clip which is in the bottom left corner of unit, to the left of white clip to which the mute wire is connected to).

Here are my questions, and please understand I am good at many things, but have never fiddled with electronics.

1. How the heck to you ground these wires? I've have guesses.

a. Do you just use those "jacket wire pinching things" and pinch the parking brake wire on one side and pinch the Black ground wire on the other side. Meaning I don't have to physically cut the green wire coming out of the AVIC, meaning that it is still connected at the other end to the parking brake. Would I use the same 'jackets' and pinch the relocated mute wire to the Black ground wire?

b. Do physically cut it, lets say 12 inches down from the unit and ground it to the chassis or a black ground wire. Would that be the same as pulling the green wire at the parking brake side grounding it to the chassis near the parking brake.

Also, will playing with the parking brake wire turn on the 'red light' in my car on the dash, or is that light part of another system altogether and the AVIC does not use it in its parking brake logic?

Lastly, is there any advantage to the hardware bypass over the software bypass. I only ask cuz if you have to ground the parking brake wire, whynot just move the mute wire while you are there.

Anyways, any clarification on the 'how to' ground the pb wire and mute wire would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have a new F900BT, the hardware bypass worked perfectly. I grounded both wires to the common radio ground (blk) with no issues. Thanks!

One question I have to ask: When a route is "live" on the GPS, the Audio on the XM and IPOD take hits or breaks up a bit. Feels like it's related to the GPS because when I delete the current route, it stops. I have both the Master and voice volume off or all the way down. Just wondering if there is a work around so that I can use the GPS and listen to music with out the GPS audio/speach. -I coulnd't find a related post.

I have a new F900BT, the hardware bypass worked perfectly. I grounded both wires to the common radio ground (blk) with no issues. Thanks!

One question I have to ask: When a route is "live" on the GPS, the Audio on the XM and IPOD take hits or breaks up a bit. Feels like it's related to the GPS because when I delete the current route, it stops. I have both the Master and voice volume off or all the way down. Just wondering if there is a work around so that I can use the GPS and listen to music with out the GPS audio/speach. -I coulnd't find a related post.

Was covered many times, or you you could simply read the manual... Go to AV Settings and change Mute Input/Guide setting to Attenuate or Normal...

As a note I found a cable in one of my old computers laying around (actually a few different ones at that) where the pin is the same and was able to pull the wire/pin out of it to use versus moving the mute wire. Just another alternative to moving wires for those of you who want to retain the mute wire

Hey all,

Yes noobie here. I was wondering if I already have the 2.0 software sd card can I somehow make the parking brake software update on that and somehow re-run the update with the updated speed. Of course some instructions would be nice as well.

Since I have seen any and all questions here I just thought I would ask, I havn't seen this one on here yet.

Question 2. I also updated the blue tooth update and can't get either phone to connect. Since my wife and I have the same type of phone not sure if its a Palm problem. We have the palm centro. any connect issues out there?

Thanks a bunch 900bt owner here in the 06 king ranch f-150.

Scuba Joe

quick question.

The mute wire(yellow/black) has a wierd flat connector in the end. How would I be able to ground this flat piece of metal? Do they sell the connector for this piece with a round/ circle flat end(the round end like the ground wire has on the black harness)?

what about the parking brake(light green) wire? would i have to cut the little red box thingy off and splice the wires and ground it? or solder a round piece on to it?

thanks