AVIC411.com

I so hate these green blue boxes.

Wow, you're right. Click 'profile' under his post, then 'Find all posts by astrobill' He really does come on here just to shit on Pioneer, nothin positive once. Interesting hobby :roll:

djhuab, ive been a part of this forum for a little over 2 months now, and since ive been here, ive never seen that crybaby bitch contribute one decent piece

of information. all i see is his anti-pioneer remarks, and his immature shots at HiFiSi. so please dont try to defend him.

im not defending anybody im just saying we all have been bitching about every square inch of the product so if he wants to bitch let him bitch you dont have to post your 2 sense just to get your post count up who cares. let him bitch. and wow dude if you dont like the product just sell it im sure someone will take it off your hands

nice try guy, but my post count is so high because i try to contribute any piece of information that i know to whatever is being discussed, and anybody who's anybody on this forum knows that.

its been ripped apart and complained about because the unit hardly fucking worked since its release.

Pioneer is releasing a second update to fix minor issues and since they said the unnecessary boxes are a 'feature', not a glitch, that will not be fixed, so just deal with them or wait till a member finds a way to eliminate them. no need to attack another member because of his input. theres a fine line between complaining about a misfunction, and acting like a troll.

and if youre gonna try to bitch me out like that, make sure you read my post right, nowhere did i say anything about disliking my unit :wink:

nice try guy, but my post count is so high because i try to contribute any piece of information that i know to whatever is being discussed, and anybody who's anybody on this forum knows that.

its been ripped apart and complained about because the unit hardly fucking worked since its release.

Pioneer is releasing a second update to fix minor issues and since they said the unnecessary boxes are a 'feature', not a glitch, that will not be fixed, so just deal with them or wait till a member finds a way to eliminate them. no need to attack another member because of his input. theres a fine line between complaining about a misfunction, and acting like a troll.

and if youre gonna try to bitch me out like that, make sure you read my post right, nowhere did i say anything about disliking my unit :wink:

i didnt say you dislike it i said we all bitched about it btw

my pioneer rep told me that the boxes should be removed on the next update fyi

Wow, I just woke up to see all this. I am new to the forums and just wanted to vent a little on something that bothered me. Didn't mean for all this nonconstructive arguing to happen.

my pioneer rep told me that the boxes should be removed on the next update fyi

Cool djhuab, I hope so. That would be great news.

Well, for me it is a big deal. Sometimes when I'm in a new neighborhood and I'm looking at houses, I like to free roam and know if a street ends or not. Very handy for me. For me this is one of the reasons I use the map without a route programmed in. I'm not nick picking, you can't help if you don't like something. Many in here are hoping for fixes that bother them, and for me this is the one thing on the pioneer that bothers me the most. I can't force myself to like spinach, no matter how much I chug it down.

i agree

I agree as well. I like to know what the upcoming streets are and what options I have to get to my work appts. I hope that if they fix the 2d compass issue that they move the arrow cursor down a bit or it won't help much seeing what's coming up.

Well, for me it is a big deal. Sometimes when I'm in a new neighborhood and I'm looking at houses, I like to free roam and know if a street ends or not. Very handy for me. For me this is one of the reasons I use the map without a route programmed in. I'm not nick picking, you can't help if you don't like something. Many in here are hoping for fixes that bother them, and for me this is the one thing on the pioneer that bothers me the most. I can't force myself to like spinach, no matter how much I chug it down.

i use it for the same reason. it's just a map to give me some extra info of the area around me while driving.

i have 2 vehicles and 2 sat nav's a kenwood dnx5220 and this pioneer f900 so i really know what i'm talking about. and i had 3 other becker / kenwoods sat navs before in previous vehicles.

All that needs to happen is someone with some time and motivation needs to read the MIO forums over at gpspassion and make a new skin for the nav portion of this unit. The boxes on most NAV devices and all devices based on iGo do NOT disappear. Also the iGO software is not capable of 2D heading up.... this is not an issue with the Pioneer unit its an issue with the NAV software it uses.

Basically it comes down to this.... If the boxes annoy you enough make a skin for the NAV. Also very improbable but still possible that with the release of AVIC FEEDS Pioneer may release alternate skins and map color schemes for the F Series. I have already made my own custom color scheme for my unit its ridiculously easy.

The boxes on most NAV devices and all devices based on iGo do NOT disappear. Also the iGO software is not capable of 2D heading up.... this is not an issue with the Pioneer unit its an issue with the NAV software it uses.

So the permanent boxes and fixed heading orientation aren't because Pioneer fucked up, but because the iGO software is made that way? That really puts a different perspective on things... Pioneer correcting those things wouldn't be as much of a simple fix as some of the other problems with the unit, because they would have to go through iGO to correct them, if they even could?

The boxes on most NAV devices and all devices based on iGo do NOT disappear. Also the iGO software is not capable of 2D heading up.... this is not an issue with the Pioneer unit its an issue with the NAV software it uses.

So the permanent boxes and fixed heading orientation aren't because Pioneer fucked up, but because the iGO software is made that way? That really puts a different perspective on things... Pioneer correcting those things wouldn't be as much of a simple fix as some of the other problems with the unit, because they would have to go through iGO to correct them, if they even could?

Bingo...

Now the one saving grace of all this is the iGO software is currently at 8.0.0.44366. So it seems resonable to assume that since its a .0.0 release features will be added (Pioneer actually updating the unit aside). Hopefully 2D heading up, but if you read iGO's site the big feature of 8.0 is the 3D roadways and buildings. SO this may be there way of discouraging 2D use.

The thing I may try to do as an experiment is backup my maps, POI's, 3D buildings and download the latest maps for this version of iGO and see if my F700 will recognize them. Then atleast we won't have to rely on Pioneer for map updates...