AVIC411.com

Just installed the 700

Why you would expect the unit to read the pdf version of the manual is beyond me.

If you have already applied the update, or if your unit came already updated, you only need to VR catalog once, then turn it off. It only needs to be redone after making changes to the ipod - adding/removing songs.

Not being able to catalog is a new one on me. Have you verified that your ipod is listed in the compatibility chart (both the model and the firmware)?

1 - That disk is for your computer, not the unit. It basically contains the owner's manual in PDF format, the same one you can download from their website. The F700 will not read that disk.

2 - You only have to update the VR catalog once, then turn off updating. The only time you have to turn it back on again and let it update is when you change something on your ipod. I suggest doing it while you are at home. Turn on the car, let the unit update the VR catalog, and when it's done, turn off the catalog update feature. If it's saying it wasn't able to update it, try disconnecting and re-connecting the ipod until it works. It seems to have a tougher time updating when there is a whole lot of data on the ipod.

excuse me!!!

with my european avic-f900bt the cdrom what came in the box IS for the f900bt and contains TTS voices... there isn't a manual on that cdrom and a paper in the box gives you a url to download the operators manual of the pioneer web site.

That disk maybe contains the firmware upgrade then, not the owner's manual... although I don't know why they would package the disk with the unit rather than just install the software from the factory?

Maybe it was put in there from the supplier because they had some old units that weren't updated?

I don't know. Seems like Pioneer handles it's European side of things a little differently that it does with the US side.

Just a guess, but they probably include a disk on European models because of the many different languages required there. In the US/Canadian models, providing only English, Spanish, and French is sufficient. The internal flash apparently can't store them all, so they provide the remaining languages on a CD. Since they're including a disk anyway, it makes sense to also throw the PDF manuals on there as well.

-Eric

he he, finally some one who understands Europe :wink:

yes, we do have lots of languages even countries who uses the , and . different for numbers...

like £1000.00 or €1000,00 is both one thousand...

and oh, we even have countries where people drive on the right or left side of the road depend on in which country you are.

that TTS cd contains indeed some languages.