AVIC411.com

MSN DIRECT PRODUCT KEY

Hi,

Can someone please help me on how to activate my MSN Direct service which I am anxiouslly waiting for. Where do I find my product key?

I tried finding it like it said in the operations manual - going to Destination --> MSN Direct --> Status, then all I get is 'MSN Direct is Connecting', and the Product Key never comes up!!!

Plz Help!!

• 6 months later...
hey did you ever find out how to recover your product key? I'm in the same boat. It only says it connecting.... indeffinetily. Of course Pioneer provided no written key on any documents .

Press the reset button.

I tried that. no good. I even called MSN Direct. They claim its a problem with pioneer. Problem is, if the code is displayed once, it will not display again.. only a connection screen will show after that even if you haven't activated yet. so if you missed the product key display screen when it is first displayed, you;re screwed cause it will not show again. If anyone knows a recovery method let me know.method let me know. thanks!

Are you sure your reset as Boris recommended. That should and has always reproduced the product code screen on mine. I am connected and still able to see the activation code when I select status, but have needed to reset a couple of times when I lost the connection.

If you are seeing "connecting" the unit is trying to activate but can't. Try the reset again. Sometimes it takes more than once. If this does not work it looks like you are going to be calling Pioneer.

MSN direct will be no help since they cannot diagnose a head unit issue. Whoever said the connection screen or activation code will only show once does not know what they are talking about.

I am having issues with my MSN as well. Back and forth between MSN and Poineer. Each one blames the other but with no resolution!!

Tried numerous re-activations and resets...no dice.

Before I did anything I did a software bypass and without a hitch. Someone had mentioned that maybe this is the cause???

I dunno because everything else seeems to be okay.

any suggestions??

Thanx,

Bud

• 2 months later...

on my F500BT when I tried to connect to MSN direct to get the product key it would not get past CONNECTING message. I had to put it in the car and plug in the antenna wire and after it connects to MSN direct, you can get the status screen with the product key. It could also be that msn direct doesn't have good coverage in your area. I am in an area that should be well covered and even with the antenna the signal is very weak. I am glad I didn't pay for the feature.

The reason most of you are having this problem is because someone else has had their hands on your unit before you got it and activated the free trial. Now the trial is expired and the unit is confused. Without the original account info, meaning the name and address of the person who activated the service, your probably not going to get it to work without swapping your unit. You can try to reset the nav portion of the unit by going to: SETTINGS - NAV SETTINGS- RESET NAV.