AVIC411.com

What can we expect with the mid-late August firmware update?

Hey all,

Just intalled my AVIC F90BT in my 5g Prelude, and thanks to this forum with my expectations adjusted I am pretty happy.

What do you think we can realistically expect with the next update? What major problems still exist? And what minor problems would be your top preferences for getting addressed?

• - Long boot time
    - Remove boxes from map when not navigating
    - If navigating when placing a call change to map screen during call and then return to previous active screen after call
    - If not navigating when placing a call do not change the screen
    - Leave audio turned off between voice prompts when placing a call
    - Do not automatically switch to iPod AV source when connecting iPod unless AV is set to off
    - If AV is off take me to the AV source selection screen when selecting off on the map screen.
    - Remove "System is loading" screen during startup, obviously it's loading, that's why there is a startup screen.
    - Do not launch UI until it is fully useable, leave the startup screen up.
    - One time update VR option, push the button to update the database without having to enable the setting, then disconnect and reconnect the iPod, and then disable the setting.
    - Prerecord the major voice instructions (for phone and ipod navigation) instead of relying on TTS. For something you have to listen to regularly, that doesn't change, the crappy, choppy TTS sounds terrible.

• 2 weeks later...

You nailed it. Add support for IPOD Touch 2.x.x as well.

• - Long boot time
    - Remove boxes from map when not navigating
    - If navigating when placing a call change to map screen during call and then return to previous active screen after call
    - If not navigating when placing a call do not change the screen
    - Leave audio turned off between voice prompts when placing a call
    - Do not automatically switch to iPod AV source when connecting iPod unless AV is set to off
    - If AV is off take me to the AV source selection screen when selecting off on the map screen.
    - Remove "System is loading" screen during startup, obviously it's loading, that's why there is a startup screen.
    - Do not launch UI until it is fully useable, leave the startup screen up.
    - One time update VR option, push the button to update the database without having to enable the setting, then disconnect and reconnect the iPod, and then disable the setting.
    - Prerecord the major voice instructions (for phone and ipod navigation) instead of relying on TTS. For something you have to listen to regularly, that doesn't change, the crappy, choppy TTS sounds terrible.

TIME TRAVEL :shock:

Just so long as it's well-tested before they release it. I don't want to be using some buggy pre-release, and be the first one to discover that if you try and enter a destination during night mode for a city that starts with "O" you end up in the early cretaceous period.

Or, did you mean they'd need time travel in order to get the mid-august update out by mid august? :wink:

Cheers!

• 1 month later...