AVIC411.com

Who works at circuit city...?

Yeah once again this sounds like a shady deal. I have never heard of something like this, unless it was under the table or they were trying to kiss your butt fro some screw up.

If it is legit, then yeah once again its not surprising CC is in the shape its in right now losing millions of dollars per quarter.

I really am amazed anyone works for a cc anymore considering you can work for bb or any other number of stores, make more money and actually have customers to see and visit with.

I really am amazed anyone works for a cc anymore considering you can work for bb or any other number of stores, make more money and actually have customers to see and visit with.

Actually, you'll make more money at CC than BB...and if you worked at BB, CC will pay you $1 more just for "defecting". I work for BB and we have a lot of ppl who don't get enough hours/week do that. Just FYI...weird though, I know.

My information is from 10 years ago though so I guess perhaps it doesn't matter.

We were on commission so the minimum you could make was that, best buy was a 9 dollars an hour for me, the whole 8 hours i worked there.

But like i said this was 1999-2000, i don't even think cc is on commission anymore, which really shows when you can't find someone to help you, even when you have the item in your hand and just want to pay for it. At least at bb you have a register line, "helping" you isn't required. Heck even at bb I have people coming up to me reguarlly asking for help. So yeah cc lacks in both showing interest in you and heck even giving you the ability to pay for your puchase. Like I said, RIP cc. Days are numbered no joke.

alright, this is the deal.

technically, our POS system will allow you to return anything, for the amount that you bought it for. For them to do that return, however, you have struck gold. No manager, supervisor, or what-have-you should ever authorize a D2 return, especially since now they'll have to sell it, for way less than 1400 dollars. Did you have circuit city advantage? that would be the ONLY circumstance which would warrant a return that big.

next, your special order, if it is indeed coming to the store, will most likely NOT have it shipped within 2 weeks. You see, Pioneer ships them to a main warehouse (per district) and those warehouses, once stock is adequate, will ship it to the store. currently, our warehouse has 0.

hope this helps at all.

Heey all, i was just wondering if anyone on the forum works at circuit city? i went there on monday and succesfully wheeled and dealed my way into trading my Avic D2 for a 900bt with an extra 300 to spare on a gift card. They didn't have the unit in currently so they said they would e-ship it to the store. Does anyone who works at CC knows how long it usually takes to get shipments in from the warehouse to the store? i called and they were like..."uhhh..eeehh..not sure" Just wondering cuz i'm pretty excited! thanks in advance!

-tosh

I work at Circuit City

My store gets shipments on Tuesday and Thursday, it can be a truck on Saturdays but that is unlikely.

Depending on when you purchased your AVIC D2, how much it was and IF you purchased warranty on it, then that exchange can be done.

I had a guy come in today with a unit he purchased in 2006 for $1000, upgraded to a $400 JVC, minus the $249 for the warranty and walked out with a gift card for $300+.

Warranty on video products is a direct replacement so hence it is valuable to get a good deal a few years later.

Come in really good handy for people who purchased the Garmin c340 for $700 when it was first released.

Special Orders can take up to 3 weeks or longer, but sometimes may only take a week. For the F900BT our system showed a week ago that none of our locations within 100 miles of us had it available.

The web warehouse when they got it, only had 4 (this accounts for the entire CC website)

Now as far as allowing you to have a credit, thats very rare to get that from any location, you have to be a very very good customer or have bought the 4 year accidental protection plan for them to consider something like this. Lets just say, your VERY lucky!

Whats the location number you got it from? I can check our system at work to find out when they'll be shipping

4 digit location number will allow me to check inventory

if you don't know the location number, if you have a receipt the location number is actually part of your ticket number

the first 4 digits of the receipt number/ticket number is that location #

I'm not real sure about my store location I'll have to dig around for a reciept...I'm in Colorado springs,Colorado. Its the cc off academy blvd... I was looking at the cc site every day to see when it would be available and it said 8/23/08 for the longest time...and I signed up for the e-mail notification on there website so I would know when the unit came in....I got the e-mail and like 3 days later I went in and orderd it through the store so I hope I got lucky ...illy keep tall updated and look around for that store location number

well i went into CC today and talked some people...no managers...but the one lady i did talk to before said they e-shipped it to the store..well placed the order...the guy today said they had 0 at the warehouse...the store location is 3380...so i may be out of luck :( they have the 700bt at the other CC not sure if i should get that and spend the rest on new sub and speakers maybe? any input...suggestions? thanks all!

well the decision was made.....i went back to CC and i got the 700bt...the lady there was really helpful...one CC told me they had to send it in to see if it can be fixed...went to the other CC within 5 mins i had the D2 out and i had the 700bt in my hands.....since i didn't use the rest of my warranty on the D2..i got extra store credit...i ended up walking out with a brand new avic f700bt...with a 2 year CC warranty and a $700 gift card...ha..can't go wrong with trading in a D2 for a 700bt and all new speakers for the car !

I am confused. :?::?:

I don't think they could've have taken it with the trade-in program. I went to CC's trade in program and selected your old model. Even in excellent shape, it says "no trade in value". http://cc.eztradein.com/cc/

Perhaps instead this falls under their better warranty program. But I am still trying to figure how you got a $300 credit AND a new 700BT AND a warranty AND all new speakers?

So the only logical conclusion is that you're really hot, and the salesperson was trying to hit on you by giving you this sweet deal. Nice! :lol: