AVIC411.com

I Got Rid of my Key Beeps!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**Update** - Tried the "Restore Factory Settings" (from Top Menu, go to Settings-->Navi System-->Restore Factory Settings) option today and now my Voice Command works again! Have no idea if I did something during the process to get rid of the key beeps that caused Voice Command to quit, but at least it's back. And still no key beeps, so all is well.

Why would a hack be required to get rid of the button beeps? theres an option within the nav settings to turn off the beeps for the entire system.

atleast one mine there is

my unit is a F900BT and it has a blue and a white sticker on the box so maybe I have an updated one compared to the first update??

I actually don't mind the beeps, it lets me know the functions are going through when it seems like it might be freezing up

The system (nav) settings for eliminating the key beeps only covers the nav unit software. It did not silence them in the AV section or other settings screens. At least, this is the case on a North American unit with software 1.017.

The navi is basically stand-alone software, it's separate from the rest of the functions. Unfortunately the scripting in the iGo software is unable to affect the rest of the system, as near as I can tell.

;****************************************************************************************************************
; Sound *********************************************************************************************************                                           
;****************************************************************************************************************

;****************Maybe something todo with this?******************** 	

;valuemodel="sound.sound_volume"

;
;

;
;
;

;
;
;
;

;
;
;

; 

;valuemodel="sound.sound_volume"

that KEYS would be the button sound i think anyway, but steph your probably right :(

• 4 weeks later...

After having read this thread and a couple of others, I just went in and renamed the existing files with a new extension (.old). Works just as well as inserting blank .wav files.

I'm not sure how much it speeds the system up, but I get less agitated using the thing...

Anyway, thanx for posting these mods. Makes life alot easier for those of us who want the tweeks and don't have the skills :)

• 2 weeks later...

So this was crazy enough that I had to share it with you guys, but I tried renaming the sound files mentioned by adding a "1" on the end (effectively hiding from the source that was looking for it I think?).

And it turned my map language into French. Anything that had to do with navigation (POI, Home, Navi settings, the main map) got turned to French, even though everything else (and the language settings) was in English. But as soon as I renamed them to the original file name, everything reverted back to English.

So I have no clue if this has happened to anyone else, but in case anyone else encounters it, that's how you fix it.