AVIC411.com

I Got Rid of my Key Beeps!

It does turn the volume down on all parts of the system. Turn the master volume down almost all the way then turn up the navi voice up to compensate. Sounds are still there but very faint. I have not tried to turn the master volume down completely though.

That's kind of defeating the purpose of having the overall system sound...

It's a moot argument for me as I've made my own blank sounds. I know it worked when I tried a while ago.

True...

Still, IMHO killing system sound to get rid of dings is an overkill, when there's a file replacement soliution.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Step by step instructions.

Please Note: I assume no responsibility if you brick your unit. Following these instructions is at your own risk and peril.

I've made this as straightforward as I can, assuming a limited knowledge of computers, but really, if you don't know at all what you're doing, you probably shouldn't be doing this.

1. Get the testmode files from This Post.

2. Unzip that and copy the Testmode and MiTACAP folders onto an SD card

3. Grab the silence.wav file from the top of this thread

4. Make 4 copies of silence.wav and rename them so you have four files which are all silence, named: PSG1Hi.wav PSG1Low.wav PSG2Hi.wav PSG2Low.wav

5. Copy those files onto the SD card

6. Put the SD card into the Fxxx headunit and turn it on.

7. It will boot to test mode, with some info about copying stuff. Wait a few seconds then tap the X in the top right corner to get rid of that window.

8. You should now have a windows Start button in the lower left corner.

9. Use the Start menu to open windows Explorer. Do this twice so you have two Explorer windows going.

10. On one explorer window, navigate to My Flash Drive, Data, Sounds. You'll see 6 or 7 sound files in there. I *strongly* urge you to back them up.

11. On the other explorer window, navigate to the SD Card and find your four wav files.

12. Tap a wav file, tap the 'Edit' menu, tap 'Copy'.

13. Go back to the other explorer window, tap the 'Edit' menu, tap 'Paste'

14. Repeat for each file.

15. When done, just close the two explorer windows, then turn off the car.

16. Wait a few seconds, remove the SD card, and turn the car back on. Poke around in the AV menus, there should be no more keybeeps.

Has this been tested on Version 2.0?

• 2 weeks later...

:?: I tried to use the 200.5000 firmware update to get rid of the beeps by replacing the specified files with a (renamed) silence.wav but when trying to update the F900 reports '...........IGO/data/audio is wrong'.

Anyone knows how to replace the files with a silence without blocking the firmware update? :?:

:?: I tried to use the 200.5000 firmware update to get rid of the beeps by replacing the specified files with a (renamed) silence.wav but when trying to update the F900 reports '...........IGO/data/audio is wrong'.

Anyone knows how to replace the files with a silence without blocking the firmware update? :?:

You can't use the updater to load modified files, there's an integrity check in there.

You need to install the update first, then boot into test mode and load your files after that...

Step by step instructions.

Please Note: I assume no responsibility if you brick your unit. Following these instructions is at your own risk and peril.

I've made this as straightforward as I can, assuming a limited knowledge of computers, but really, if you don't know at all what you're doing, you probably shouldn't be doing this.

1. Get the testmode files from This Post.

2. Unzip that and copy the Testmode and MiTACAP folders onto an SD card

3. Grab the silence.wav file from the top of this thread

4. Make 4 copies of silence.wav and rename them so you have four files which are all silence, named: PSG1Hi.wav PSG1Low.wav PSG2Hi.wav PSG2Low.wav

5. Copy those files onto the SD card

6. Put the SD card into the Fxxx headunit and turn it on.

7. It will boot to test mode, with some info about copying stuff. Wait a few seconds then tap the X in the top right corner to get rid of that window.

8. You should now have a windows Start button in the lower left corner.

9. Use the Start menu to open windows Explorer. Do this twice so you have two Explorer windows going.

10. On one explorer window, navigate to My Flash Drive, Data, Sounds. You'll see 6 or 7 sound files in there. I *strongly* urge you to back them up.

11. On the other explorer window, navigate to the SD Card and find your four wav files.

12. Tap a wav file, tap the 'Edit' menu, tap 'Copy'.

13. Go back to the other explorer window, tap the 'Edit' menu, tap 'Paste'

14. Repeat for each file.

15. When done, just close the two explorer windows, then turn off the car.

16. Wait a few seconds, remove the SD card, and turn the car back on. Poke around in the AV menus, there should be no more keybeeps.

Has this been tested on Version 2.0?

this works awesome it is what i did a long time ago and it makes my steering wheel controls respond faster as well.

I like the key beeps, just not at ear-splitting levels. I just editted the sounds and lowered volumes to a subtler level. I uploaded the sound files to the FTP

ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us/cmh928

sound.zip and read the soundreadme to know where to put them from testmode.

They are included in my all-in-one file as well.

CMH, is this an auto-installer? Or do I have to manually copy the zip file over myself?

• 1 month later...
Hi. I've just tried to follow the step-by-step instructions, but when I put in the SD card I get an error message and that's all. I'm in the UK and running the most recent firmware (it's 2.000xxxx). Any help? Those bloody beeps are driving me crazy.

I really don't know much, but when did you get the error message (is it right after the splashscreen)? If so, it might be a matter of redownloading the testmode.zip onto your SD card and trying again. I did the hack a little different from the OP in that I cut the files and pasted them onto the SD card (they are now on my PC) as opposed to replacing them. So far, so good.

HR

edit: I also have the 2.0 update so that should not be the issue (from previous posters experience, 2.0 or not does not seem to affect this hack at all)

• 2 weeks later...