AVIC411.com

Progress: Blue Boxes and Contacts

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Stephanie, any idea on what the files "Startlang_320_240", "Startlang_480_272", and "Startlang_800_480" are? I did alot more fishing around (found some things I'll be posting in a seperate thread) but in those files theres a section where it says "Text-"OK"". It's in the same directory as the navigatemap file.

Hey Stephanie, any idea on what the files "Startlang_320_240", "Startlang_480_272", and "Startlang_800_480" are? I did alot more fishing around (found some things I'll be posting in a seperate thread) but in those files theres a section where it says "Text-"OK"". It's in the same directory as the navigatemap file.

I think they are leftovers from the iGo software - when you turn it on for the very first time, it needs to know what language you use, and there are three files for three different resolutions. So on a PDA or whatever, you might get the 320 x 240 screen.

There is an awful lot of junk in the data.zip file, stuff that seems to be unused and leftover from prior iterations. Even in the files themselves, seems to be a lot of unused leftover stuff from many previous versions.

This all looks very good. Ik hope the europe models have the same file structure so we can use this too. Hope there will be a data (zip) file available from you so we can update this all in a quick en simple way. keep up the good work!!

:lol:

As far as I know, the EU units use the same software, and should be skinnable just as easily. I'd wager that the data.zip files would be interchangable from a North American unit to a European unit.

From what I can see, virtually everything you can see in the iGo software is managed through the skins. The only exception seeming to be that !#^%$ warning/disclaimer message, that we haven't been able to eliminate yet.

Is there something I am missing here? I have an F90BT with update applied. I followed Stephanies instructions to the letter... yet I still keep booting up with the bars. Everything goes exactly as stephanie mentioned... any suggestions?

Which post's directions are you following? This thread has seen a lot of progress and evolution going on... somewhere around page 3 or 4 I have provided a link to a data.zip file that has the bars and boxes removed already; that would be a good place to use as a starting point.

Is there something I am missing here? I have an F90BT with update applied. I followed Stephanies instructions to the letter... yet I still keep booting up with the bars. Everything goes exactly as stephanie mentioned... any suggestions?

can you attach the modded file to se can see what went wrong?

Hey Stephanie, is it possible to put MSN Direct on 700's if we can get the data from a 900 or 90?

Hey Steph.....I've been reading ur progress everyday! U are the bomb baby! I wounder If I can use a copy of ur DATA file setup like in this post? Thanks..

It had not occured to me that anyone else might want a copy of my data.zip, but I don't mind sharing at all. Later today, or perhaps tomorrow, I should be "finished" with my current messing around, then I'll post a link to it, so if anyone else wants to have at it, or use it as a starting point, it's available.

The main reason I didn't think anyone else would be interested, is I've almost completely eliminated 3D mode as I prefer the North-Up 2D view exclusively. More accurately, the mode still 'exists' but there is no longer any way to get to it, as I've removed the 3D buttons.

Anyhow, I'll post a photo and a link to the data.zip file when I've finished what I'm working on right now.

Cheers!

Hey Stephanie, is it possible to put MSN Direct on 700's if we can get the data from a 900 or 90?

"It depends..." :)

I have no idea what MSNDirect is or what it does... if it's implemented entirely in software then you could *probably* take the software off a 900 or 90 and load it onto the 700. You'd really want a full flash dump to make sure you got everything, just in case... like if there are DLLs or EXEs in the APL directory, or if there's stuff burried right into the windows system then you'd need the windows binary as well.

Thanks Stephanie! I downloaded your zip file and it works perfectly. I went in to edit your zip file to change my clock color and fonts and it wont change anything.... Argghhhh Im just not having luck with the Zip files.

Anyone else having this kind of trouple? Is there different software to use for those of us that dont have a MAC... maybe WINRAR perhaps?

I'm not using a Mac for this, I'm using Windows to 'explore' the data.zip rather than unzipping then rezipping it. Just double click the zip file, and navigate to the right directory to find the file to edit. I'm using notepad to make the changes, then notepad won't save back into the zip file so I save to the desktop then copy it into the zip file.

When I tried unzipping, making changes on the Mac, then rezipping, the nav unit refused to accept my new zip file, it gave an error and wouldn't start the mapping software.