AVIC411.com

Changing the fonts/colors thread-PICS

Stephanie- Your obviously a whiz at this stuff and I don't have clue about doing any of this.

I'm new to this site and just purchased the F90BT; is there anyone in our area (Mississauag) that will do these mods like yours that I can drive to?

I'm just not confident/patient enough with this stuff.

Thanks

Ed

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got done adding the software bypass on Vorians DATA.zip. I installed it on my unit (AVIC-F500BT) and grounded the parking brake...guess what... it does NOT WORK!! :(

Hey awesome! im glad you found help and got the whole unit to work, but once again a thread about font, color, icons, and buttons has been totally butchered, killed, and hijacked for ANOTHER BYPASS thread that has already been posted up, STICKY, and repeated post over and over and OVER AGAIN.

i can easily count over 50 posts about the BYPASS in this forum.

Maybe im being self-fish or something because I clicked on this topic BECAUSE I HONESTLY WANTED TO CHANGE COLOR AND FONT

And the moderator should change the title of this thread to:::

"COLOR :::///SLASH///::: BYPASS FOR THOSE THAT CANT FIND THE STICKY" thread.

You're kidding, right? I tend to agree that too many good threads get diverted to the bypass discussion, but let's be honest, that's what 99% of the people come here for. Let's also be honest that you, of all people, should be the last one throwing stones at "noobs" for not knowing enough. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're the originator of this little gem, right:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19923

...but, I digress.

--Mav

You're kidding, right? I tend to agree that too many good threads get diverted to the bypass discussion, but let's be honest, that's what 99% of the people come here for. Let's also be honest that you, of all people, should be the last one throwing stones at "noobs" for not knowing enough. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're the originator of this little gem, right:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19923

...but, I digress.

--Mav

you know what? flame on.

your completely off topic

Your looking at the spec details here man and your totally missing the point. THIS IS A COLOR TOPIC PLEASE READ, ITS SPELLED OUT IN PLAIN SIMPLE ENGLISH

is it a bypass thread? DID I hijack this thread from someone?

and yes, please digress

Lets go back to Philosophy!

Fallacies in your argument Maverickster:

I love how you tried to sound so smart :lol: cause you FAIL

Maverickster= "You're kidding, right? I tend to agree that too many good threads get diverted to the bypass discussion, but let's be honest, that's what 99% of the people come here for."

Argumentum ad numerum: (argument of numbers) This fallacy is the attempt to justify something by showing numbers. Ex: "Its okay to hijack threads everyone is doing it! Thats what everyone is here for!"

Maverickster="but let's be honest, that's what 99% of the people come here for.

Argumentum ad ignorantiam (argu. of ignorance). This is the fallacy of assuming something is true simply because it hasn't been proven false like using fake statistics. Where are you getting your magic numbers from? this 99% based on fact or fabrication?

Maverickster= "Let's also be honest that you, of all people, should be the last one throwing stones at "noobs" for not knowing enough. "

Argumentum ad hominem: (against the man) This is the error of attacking the character or motives of a person who has stated an idea, rather than the idea itself.

Maverickster= "Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're the originator of this little gem, right http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19923" (no ? mark)

Cum hoc ergo propter hoc: (argu. of correlation) This common fallacy here means correlation between two variables does not imply that one causes the other. Ex: MAV here brings ANOTHER TOPIC that's a totally DIFFERENT TOPIC to explain this topic?

"Maverickster= ...but, I digress"

Only these three words and dots actually had any real and educational logic. Kudos!

Mav, Let me know if this was a little too complex for you. You see, I went to college, so I understand that this might be a bit over your head :oops: ALSO PLEASE THINK NEXT TIME BEFORE YOU POST so you don't repeat your embarrassing mistakes, you can really look like an idiot when you don't know what your talking about. I mean seriously, reread your post again, everything that you just typed was filled with fallacies. Uneducated comments is just one of my pet peeves.

but hey man, I digress as well... very nice!

My suggestion to you is to go take some classes at community college or even go to adult school if you have not yet completed that.

Best of luck to you and your education and let us know how that goes!

You want to change your icons, so you post in a thread that shows how to change the fonts and map colors? Show me in this thread where icons have been changed. If you want to do that you have to go into the Image.res file in the APL directory, so right from the beginning you were in the wrong thread. Read up on it, I've personally done a great deal of modifications with what you're looking for. How does bashing 'noobs' , asking about a hack that wasn't even mentioned here, and using philosophy not keep this thread off topic? This isn't a classroom, It's a forum. If you searched and found the right thread from the beginning, you'd already have your answers and wouldn't need to post here.

You want to change your icons, so you post in a thread that shows how to change the fonts and map colors? Show me in this thread where icons have been changed. If you want to do that you have to go into the Image.res file in the APL directory, so right from the beginning you were in the wrong thread. Read up on it, I've personally done a great deal of modifications with what you're looking for. How does bashing 'noobs' , asking about a hack that wasn't even mentioned here, and using philosophy not keep this thread off topic? This isn't a classroom, It's a forum. If you searched and found the right thread from the beginning, you'd already have your answers and wouldn't need to post here.

I haven't played with the software yet, thats why im trying to learn by reading these post.

no im not judging your modding skills at all. i personally think your awesome in that department. but where in my post did I beg for a hack? where did I ask for a hack?

and your right this is a FORUM and people talk about TOPICS and the general rule is to STAY ON TOPIC. (Topic posted >>> people reply) i dont need to know what has already been posted up, reposted and sticky.

no its not a classroom, but Mav brought it up, and when someone says something wrong about me, i intend to straighten them out and fix it using logic. im browsing through info here, am i not allowed to do that? I WAS interested in this topic too (notice how i use the past tense). and frankly, its worthless info.

I asking for just a little bit of logic man, thats all.

Page 1-3 is font and map colors. Not what you're looking for.

Page 4-6 is the bypass. Still not what you're looking for.

No one said you're not allowed to search and read, that's always encouraged before creating a new thread. But there's searching and not finding what you're looking for, and then there's searching, not finding what you're looking for, and then bashing members for going off topic when you were in the wrong thread to begin with. But I digress (very popular phrase), and for the sake of not causing a grudge, here's what you do want:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=122072

Between the info in those 2 threads, and what I just told you above, it should be all the info you need. Also download 7zip to decompress/compress the .res file. I'm sure it's mentioned between those 2 threads. Happy hacking and post your results when you're finished.

Cool man and thanks. and no i dont want to start anything with you but Tell me where i was wrong and ill retract my statements. Where? Even if its not what im looking for, is that the point? So what im in the wrong topic post, is that the point?

ALSO KNOWN AS A PREMISE: a statement, claim, or proposition supporting a conclusion.

MY PREMISE boiled down: "THIS TOPIC GOT BYPASS HIJACKED" (that is my main point, not about what im looking for or whatever)

Then I supported it by adding in statements and evidence why this topic is worthless.

1. pancho asking about bypass mod in a FONT topic

2. pancho asking advice for his faulty installation

3. pancho obviously didn't use the search button.

4. This was obviously a sticky!

Conclusion: Make a new topic and ask questions there if you have to. DONT HIJACK. you dig?

Also if you think about it, i was never off topic. if anything, i followed through with the topic. Fonts/colors >>> bypass >>> me talking about bypass people and topics. see the flow?

Just dude, please dont fight me on this okay? I know im right, and if you think about it, you will agree that im right too. dont you tell them once in a while to "use the search button?" Well this is more like "dont hijack its really rude."

I got nothing but admiration for you Catchmeifyoucan, but dont fight me on this, I already know im right. If you want to see an uneducated and off topic comment, please refer to Mav's comment again, he demonstrated that perfectly! It makes no sense. So dont be defending him now, your backing up the losing side. Sadly the dude lacks common sense. Dont follow his path :cry:

Holy mother of monkeys Superman, you got powned but then you turned around and you just totally counter powned both of them. This is the first time ive seen someone use the Latin translation of the fallacies. Thats beyond bad ass, thats pure class man, a proper pownage. You totally broke it down to like simple building blocks like it was 1+1=2 then flamed them! :lol: I had to admit, that was pretty awesome.

superman isn't exactly wrong you know? maybe a little over the top with the noob bashing but not wrong. this thread wuz a font topic at one point.

I haven't played with the software yet, thats why im trying to learn by reading these post.

I suggest you stick to the reading then, since your posting activities leave a little something to be desired. There's lots of good information here posted by good people who know what they're doing and who take the time out of their busy days to help others. That's what most of the posting in this forum is -- intelligent, well-thought-out questioning, and informed answers. I'm relatively new here, but on behalf of us all, I think you (and we) would be well served if you read through some of these threads to get a basic understanding of how the software operates, and then, if you have questions, you'll be able to ask them intelligently instead of rambling on and launching tirades against "noobs" (of which, you are clearly one). To get you started, here are several I found helpful:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18977

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17390

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18175

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17809

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18248

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19307

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17820

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17337

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17753

That said, you should feel free to not bother asking me for any help.

--Mav

P.S. Incidentally, it's called hyperbole. If you had a double minor in english and philosophy, you'd know that but...oh wait...that's not you...that's someone else I know. You're the one whose inability to string together a proper sentence or coherent thought belies his attempt to appear educated.

P.P.S. Nice work creating a separate user to pat yourself on the back. Well done.

Hey what did I say? I warned you think before you look like a dumbass.

Your getting off topic again. So let me tear you another new poohole to make your bathroom trips more efficient.

Using big words and using OTHER TOPICS does not make you look smarter or support your conclusion, your just proving my point. Also making up random facts you dumb idiot. Then your attacking grammar instead of my point, appeal to the man?

Maverickster= "(of which, you are clearly one)"

Now im not denying that im a noob, I am but at least i know some sense to post a different topic if im going to ask a question. Also I'll take it back if you can tell me if where in the product website and instruction manual states that the F90bt has a Solid state hard drive.

Here is an example for you:

My premise: Mav is uneducated >>WHY?>> makes no sense, off topic, makes up numbers, and he lies. >> Conclusion>> Mav is REALLY UNEDUCATED.

You like that new user thing? yeah? how would you know that was even me? you got no support to back up your claim. Just because he has 5 posts before makes him me? does that also make Freddie me? or anyone that recently joined and read this me? Are you the moderator?

Arug. of correlation again, and you put a lot of redundant links and you assume yourself to be a pro and the moderator? appeal to authority.

Just because you say something doesn't make it true (also known as a lie).

I don't know where you went to school but I seriosuly hope you get a refund cause you just got ripped off. Its so evident that its seeping all over.

And minja is right, you just got properly owned. please please please... think before you reply! your putting humanity to shame.