AVIC411.com

Changing the fonts/colors thread-PICS

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've included some step-by-step instructions in the download file in my post above. The download file includes all the files necessary to perform the entire operation.

Briefly though, assuming you have a data.zip file that you want to use:

1) Put the testmode directory, the mitacap directory, and your desired data.zip file onto your SD card.

2) Note- do not unzip the data.zip just put the zip onto the sd card

3) Insert SD card to your nav unit and turn it on. It should boot to Windows/Test mode

4) Close the 'copy' window and open Windows Explorer

5) Copy the data.zip file to the \My Flash Drive\APL2\iGo directory

6) Turn off the Nav unit

7) Remove the SD card

8 ) Turn on the Nav unit

9) Enjoy your new nav software skin

There are more-detailed instructions scattered throughout this Hacks/Mods area.

Thank you for clearing it up. Got it figured out.

And thanks Vorian for the data.zip. Yours is exactly how i want my unit. All i added was taking out the beeps in the AV menu.

Did you just copy the data.zip file, or did you copy all the other files? My data.zip requires those extra font files to work right.

If your original data.zip isn't booting either, then its possible you've done something else - did you delete, move, or change any other files?

steph i like that you at least give people your data.zip but you really should edit out all the steph was here crap make a basic one for average people ehh nevermind thats probably too much work so now im running though all your code

gotta check each line and each file :) ill repost a CLEANED UP version when its done and running ok :)

When I first started messing around I used the 'hide' thing but I quickly discovered that a lot of stuff was unhiding itself - the scripts were overriding the visibility setting. So I just started adding 1000 to whatever the x= position was. That moves it off screen so whether it's 'hidden' or not, you can't see it.

It's really nice of you to go editing my files for people - my download includes instructions for that. I never set out to make my theme/skin as something that would work perfectly as a drop-in replacement for everyone, I made it do what I wanted and people asked for copies of it so I made it available... I prefer to help people learn how to change and edit stuff themselves rather than just do all the work for them.

The personalization is also a bit of 'anti-theft'....well not anti-theft so much as , if the thing gets stolen, whoever ends up with it is gonna have to deal with my name all over it! Again though, I included instructions on how to remove/replace my name in my download file.

Cheers!

i personally like the way Stephanie is doing it, i've learned a great deal since i started reading this forum and your guys' instructions...i'm not a computer language programmer but i did learn some programming in engineering school..for anyone who's not familiar enough with the process i'd advise against any mods or attempts to do so for their own sake, it's very easy to mess up and end up with a useless electronics brick...