AVIC411.com

Changing the fonts/colors thread-PICS

Hey you know what?

I'll take it back if you can tell me if where in the product website and instruction manual states that the F90bt has a Solid state hard drive.

yeah?

Please see Page 1 of your user's guide: "Flash Memory Multimedia AV Navigation Receiver".

Are we finished here?

I am. Thank you.

--Mav

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey you know what?

I'll take it back if you can tell me if where in the product website and instruction manual states that the F90bt has a Solid state hard drive.

yeah?

Please see Page 1 of your user's guide: "Flash Memory Multimedia AV Navigation Receiver".

Are we finished here?

I am. Thank you.

--Mav

LOL you actually popped in your CD and looked, thats cute! Finally your on topic, a sub topic but still im impressed. Yeah, im done talking to you too. I mean your totally right Mav! It has flash memory!

"A solid-state drive (SSD) is a data storage device that uses solid-state memory to store persistent data. An SSD using SRAM or DRAM (instead of flash memory) is often called a RAM-drive."-wiki (Mav's only source for creditable information)

Trick statement which I wanted you to walked into, solid state HARD DRIVE and flash MEMORY are different things. While SSD is based on flash, the F90BT doesn't have a SSD. The unit has MEMORY sorry my friend! LOL

Im sorry you wasted your time popping in your CD. I rest my case, or in your words I DIGRESSSSSSSSS.

you saying you have expertise and a double major is appeal to authority, which I doubt you have any of that education under your belt now from your uneducated posts. A dictionary? yes. logic? sadly and painfully no. trying to reason with you is like trying to reason with a child. I mean you are over 13 for these forums right? I hope you are aware that there is an age restriction.

Schooling you was my pleasure, so your welcome! 8)

P.S. Im not your friend.

P.P.S I have helpful links for you too Mav

www.logic.com

http://www.sparknotes.com/testprep/book ... ion2.rhtml

http://www.wikihow.com/Think (HOW TO THINK)

www.collegeofme.com (helps you get a proper education)

www.classicnotes.com

Hey you know what?

yeah?

Are we finished here?

I am. Thank you.

--Mav

LOL you actually popped in your CD and looked, thats cute! Finally your on topic, a sub topic but still im impressed. Yeah, im done talking to you too. I mean your totally right Mav! It has flash memory!

"A solid-state drive (SSD) is a data storage device that uses solid-state memory to store persistent data. An SSD using SRAM or DRAM (instead of flash memory) is often called a RAM-drive."-wiki (Mav's only source for creditable information)

Trick question which I wanted you to walked into, solid state HARD DRIVE and flash MEMORY are different things. While SSD is based on flash, the F90BT doesn't have a SSD. The unit has MEMORY LOL nice try.

Im sorry you wasted your time popping in your CD. I rest my case, or in your words I DIGRESSSSSSSSS.

you saying you have expertise and a double major is appeal to authority, which I doubt you have any of that education under your belt now from your uneducated posts. A dictionary? yes. logic? sadly and painfully no. trying to reason with you is like trying to reason with a child. I mean you are over 13 for these forums right? I hope you are aware that there is an age restriction. sorry my friend!

Schooling you was my pleasure, so your welcome! 8)

P.S. Im not your friend.

P.P.S I have helpful links for you too Mav

www.logic.com

http://www.sparknotes.com/testprep/book ... ion2.rhtml

http://www.wikihow.com/Think (HOW TO THINK)

www.collegeofme.com (helps you get a proper education)

www.classicnotes.com

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... port?tab=E

As for Pioneer's use of the term "flash" as opposed to SSD, it is accurate. Flash is a subset of SSD; the other being RAM drives. So if one describes their device as a "flash memory" device, they are, by definition, saying it is an SSD device -- a particular type of SSD device, but an SSD device nonetheless. So if one asks to be shown where Pioneer identified the device as an SSD device; it is accurate to point that person to where Pioneer identified it as a flash device. I'd suggest you re-read the wiki entry you quoted a little more carefully as it accurately identifies this distinction.

You're welcome.

I am finished with this. Good luck to you.

--Mav

and i need to thank you for helping make a sig, I wanted something clever and funny.

Just give up, im done slapping you around silly. i have pity for you bro and im worried about your mental health. Frankly I don't want to continue this because I feel like i have to sink down to your level just for you to understand anything. I mean your obviously not going up to my level.

P.S. Im not your bro

and your welcome, i hope schooling you will be a lesson to hijackers like yourself.

Where does it say solid state hard drive? you expect me or anyone else to research and look for it? post the line up and cite it at least.

Just give up, im done slapping you around silly. i have pity for you bro and im worried about your mental health.

and i need to thank you for helping make a sig, I wanted something clever and funny.

P.S. Im not your bro

Click on the link to the Owner's Manual. Look on the cover page: "Flash Memory Multimedia AV Navigation Receiver". As accurately indicated in the wiki entry you quoted, flash memory is a type of SSD (again, with RAM-drives being the other type). Thus, by definition, identifying the device as a "flash memory" device is the same as identifying it as an SSD device. That's the way subsets work.

Thank you.

--Mav

I'd suggest you re-read the wiki entry you quoted a little more carefully as it accurately identifies this distinction.

I understand subsets and what your trying to do. You almost made a real and proper argument, kudos! Thanks I did reread the wiki:

"A solid-state drive (SSD) is a data storage device that uses solid-state memory to store persistent data.-Wiki

Watch this Mav

All SSD has Flash drives

All flash drives are SSD (wrong)

All cats are animals, yes

All animals are cats, (wrong) Don't generalize it, they got names for them for a reason. You violated correlation again.

Don't worry, I got nice colorful pictures for you. feel free to print out.

HARD DRIVE

12771_samsung-ssd.jpg

MEMORY

Samsung-NAND-flash-memory.jpg

Guess whats jammed inside it now Mav? Does that look even the same to you? same technology but different form.

I also love how you completely avoided an ignored the hijacker bashing now (which was the main point). i dominated in that department by shredding up your comment word-by-word. thats what you get when you fabricate your own numbers to prove a weak point!

Your not gonna be a knight in shining armor for the hijacker anymore? :cry:

Mav, your very welcome! Im glad to help you out son, let you know how wrong you are.

P.S. Mav, your not my son. never. ill abort/disown you.

I'd suggest you re-read the wiki entry you quoted a little more carefully as it accurately identifies this distinction.

I understand subsets and what your trying to do. You almost made a real and proper argument, kudos! Thanks I did reread the wiki:

"A solid-state drive (SSD) is a data storage device that uses solid-state memory to store persistent data.-Wiki

Watch this Mav

All SSD has Flash drives

All animals are cats, (wrong) Don't generalize it, they got names for them for a reason. You violated correlation again.

HARD DRIVE

12771_samsung-ssd.jpg

MEMORY

Guess whats jammed inside it now Mav? Does that look even the same to you? same technology but different form.

I also love how you completely avoided an ignored the hijacker bashing now (which was the main point). i dominated in that department by shredding up your comment word-by-word. thats what you get when you fabricate your own numbers to prove a weak point!

Your not gonna be a knight in shining armor for the hijacker anymore? :cry: what now?

Mav, your very welcome! Im glad to help you out son, let you know how wrong you are.

P.S. Mav, your not my son. never. ill abort/disown you.

Watch this Mav

All SSD has Flash drives

All animals are cats, (wrong) Don't generalize it they got names for them for a reason. You violated correlation again.

HARD DRIVE

12771_samsung-ssd.jpg

MEMORY

Guess whats jammed inside it now Mav? Does that look even the same to you? same technology but different form. should I speak in something you can understand? durr durr, de de deee

Im glad to help you out son, so your welcome.

i love how you completely avoided an ignored the noobie bashing now (which was the main point), i dominated in that department by shredding up your comment word-by-word. thats what you get when you fabricate your own numbers to prove a weak point!

thank you.

P.S. your not my son. never. ill abort/disown you.

Not what I'm saying at all. Close, but you have it inverted. I'm saying all flash drives are SSD by definition (although, not all SSD is flash); or, to use your analogy, alll cats are animals, but not all animals are cats. So if someone asks, "show me where the manual says it's SSD-based", if the manual says it's a flash memory device, then it's saying it's an SSD device. Just like if someone asks, "show me where the manual says it's an animal", if the manual says it's a cat, then it's saying it's an animal.

If you had asked, "show me where the manual says it's flash-based", and if the manual had said it's SSD, it would've been incorrect for me to point you to where it says it's SSD to prove it's flash based (because it could be SSD without being flash-based). But, that's not what happened here. You asked me to show you where it said it was SSD; I pointed you to where it says it's flash based; and that was accurate (because, by definition, if it's flash-based, it's SSD).

You may feel free to continue to belabor the point, but the more you go on, the more you come off looking ill-informed. If you don't understand it at this point, that's your problem. I'm finished trying to explain it to you.

I hope you enjoy your unit and that you get as much information out of this site as I did. The folks here are great. You would be well-served to start treating the contributors with a little respect.

Thank you.

--Mav

No im done, i dont need to prove anything. Everybody here has been generally nice and helpful. This isnt even about noobs, and I will fully admit im a noob myself. the point was simple, this thread got hijacked by another bypass topic and i voiced my opinion, and you pretty much defended the hijacking, justified it, and bashed me on a different topic altogether.

I will not debate about the definition of harddrives and noobs anymore. However, i still feel strongly that this was another obvious bypass hijacking you were looking at this from an incorrect perspective. even looking at the wrong point/premise. The problem is with pancho, although you did intervened and completely missed my premise.

My rant boiled down (MAIN POINT): "This topic got bypass hijacked"

I apologize if you still dont understand that.

we should resolve this like adults.

Happy hacking to everybody, im sorry to everyone on this forum for this detour, everyone should post threads and topics where they belong. Make new topics if you have to, and of course, use the search button. Its there for a reason. :)

Also a hint for everyone here is that if your gonna be defending something thats already wrong (changing topics, backing up a hijacker, ect), then careful, you might be proven completely wrong.

-sup

Does anybody have any tips or directions for or guidance or maybe a tutorial on messing around with the color.ini and color3d.ini files. I'd like to create my own color scheme other than the ones I have already downloaded from the thread. Just not sure what I am looking at when reading these files. Specifically how to change each color such as the general terrain to a color other than the gray that all of the day maps seem so fond of. Thanx everyone for all the contributions.