AVIC411.com

Changing the fonts/colors thread-PICS

For those that have asked me for my current data.zip file... here it is.

I have replaced the standard tahoma and tahomabd font with Comic Sans MS and I have added the star trek fonts finalnew and finalold. I have included all the fonts I used in my zip file.

Unzip the zip file to your SD card and copy all of the included files to your My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo folder on your nav and you should be set to go.

What have I changed?

• Clock has been made larger and brighter.
    Blue boxes are only present when navigating.
    When not navigating current speed and altitude appear in the upper left hand corner.
    When not navigating the box with three lines of nav data have been removed.
    The zoom bar has been removed.
    Tapping on the street icon in the lower left hand corner brings up the current Latitude/Longitude Coordinates. Tapping on the Lat/Long txt removes it.
    Tapping on the current street name on the lower left brings you to the destination menu.
    When navigating a red button has been added to stop navigating.
    When navigating the box with three lines of nav data appear but the nav data is NOT linked to the data fields set within the settings menu.
    The first nav data line shows the distance to destination.
    The second nav data line shows the time to destination. Tapping on that text will change it to ETA to destination. Tapping on that text again will revert it back to time to destination.
    The third nav data line shows your current speed.
    When navigating the current altitude is displayed over the box with three lines of nav data.

Thanks to Stephanie and skicrave and everyone else on this forum that has made this work possible!!!

Below are some pictures I took earlier today... sorry about the quality... I only had my cell phone on me.

post-18198-128727553122_thumb.jpg

post-18198-12872755313082_thumb.jpg

post-18198-1287275531383_thumb.jpg

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just installed your data.zip file, Vorian - very nice job! This is exactly the look and functions I wanted! Like I said in another post, thanks to all the great development work done by you; Stephanie; skicrave and others on this forum, I can't imagine what Pioneer could release in a second update to the F-series units that would cooerce me to install it unless they can reduce the boot time by about 85%. :P

Congrats to all who figured out these enhancements - great work!

Ok, I think I'm finished with my 'Sci Fi' theme/skin.

I never did solve the 'heading' thing to get it to display degrees, so I settled for a N/E/S/W readout instead.

A detailed list of the changes are as follows:

- Map Screen -

* 2d mode car icon is a BSG Raptor.

* 3d mode car icon is a BSG Raptor.

* 'callsign' and name in top left corner.

* large clock in top right corner.

* Buttons along right-hand side are:

= Sattelite Signal Strength - sattelite image with coloured bar. Blue - high accuracy 3d fix; Amber - low accuracy 2d fix; Red - no fix; text 'GPS Error' - GPS antenna problem. Click to go to GPS Status screen.

= Map Confirmation Button - top-view of BSG Raptor, click for map confirmation screen.

= 2D / 3D Mode - left & right side views of BSG Raptor, click to switch between 2d and 3d mode.

= Delete Route - front view of BSG Raptor, only appears during actve route, click to delete route / cancel navigation.

* Info in top-left corner of screen (only visible during active navigation):

- Distance to next manoever.

- name of next street.

- icon for next manoever.

- icon for second manoever.

- distanct to second manoever.

* Info box in lower-left corner of screen:

= Range - total distance to destination (only appears during active route/navigation).

= TOT - total time to reach destination (only appears during active route/navigation).

= Altitude - current altitude.

= Heading - current car heading (NESW).

= Velocity - current car speed.

* Absolute lower left corner of map:

= BSG Icon (click to go directly to Destination Favorites screen).

= Current Street Name.

* The Zoom bar is removed.

* The original 'info display' from the lower left corner is removed.

* The compass icon is removed.

* The infamous "blue boxes" have been removed.

* A 'dropout' shadow behind the 'callsign' and clock improve visibility.

* A 'dropout' shadow appears behind the next street name / next manoever icon / distance etc, only when navigating.

* A 'dropout' shadow behind the current street name replaces the blue bar down there.

Other Changes as follows:

* Settings/Demo mode is disabled.

* Settings/Visual/Displayed Info is removed as it is no longer used.

* Settings/GPS Status now includes Lat/Long coordinates.

* Navi Destination/Top menu has new title text ("Pilot...").

* Title text on all Navi menus in new font.

* Different Raptor icons are provided for day/night mode in both 2d and 3d views.

And now, some pictures! (Sorry about the quality - the dark 'night mode' map looks good in person but it's hard to get good pictures of.)

2d mode, no route selected:

map_2d_r0.jpg

2d mode, with route plotted:

map_2d_r1.jpg

3d mode, no route selected:

map_3d_r0.jpg

3d mode, with route plotted:

map_3d_r1.jpg

Closeup of info box in lower left corner (with route plotted):

map_info_r1.jpg

GPS Status screen:

settings_gps.jpg

All the required files, and a readme.txt file with instructions and more information, are available here. Instructions include how to install, as well as information on how to customize some of the text (i.e. how to remove my name & put yours in.)

Cheers!

For those that have asked me for my current data.zip file... here it is.

I have replaced the standard tahoma and tahomabd font with Comic Sans MS and I have added the star trek fonts finalnew and finalold. I have included all the fonts I used in my zip file.

Unzip the zip file to your SD card and copy all of the included files to your My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo folder on your nav and you should be set to go.

What have I changed?

• Clock has been made larger and brighter.
    Blue boxes are only present when navigating.
    When not navigating current speed and altitude appear in the upper left hand corner.
    When not navigating the box with three lines of nav data have been removed.
    The zoom bar has been removed.
    Tapping on the street icon in the lower left hand corner brings up the current Latitude/Longitude Coordinates. Tapping on the Lat/Long txt removes it.
    Tapping on the current street name on the lower left brings you to the destination menu.
    When navigating a red button has been added to stop navigating.
    When navigating the box with three lines of nav data appear but the nav data is NOT linked to the data fields set within the settings menu.
    The first nav data line shows the distance to destination.
    The second nav data line shows the time to destination. Tapping on that text will change it to ETA to destination. Tapping on that text again will revert it back to time to destination.
    The third nav data line shows your current speed.
    When navigating the current altitude is displayed over the box with three lines of nav data.

Thanks to Stephanie and skicrave and everyone else on this forum that has made this work possible!!!

Below are some pictures I took earlier today... sorry about the quality... I only had my cell phone on me.

LOVE IT thanks :)

Ok, I think I'm finished with my 'Sci Fi' theme/skin.

I never did solve the 'heading' thing to get it to display degrees, so I settled for a N/E/S/W readout instead.

A detailed list of the changes are as follows:

- Map Screen -

* 2d mode car icon is a BSG Raptor.

* 3d mode car icon is a BSG Raptor.

* 'callsign' and name in top left corner.

* large clock in top right corner.

* Buttons along right-hand side are:

= Sattelite Signal Strength - sattelite image with coloured bar. Blue - high accuracy 3d fix; Amber - low accuracy 2d fix; Red - no fix; text 'GPS Error' - GPS antenna problem. Click to go to GPS Status screen.

= Map Confirmation Button - top-view of BSG Raptor, click for map confirmation screen.

= 2D / 3D Mode - left & right side views of BSG Raptor, click to switch between 2d and 3d mode.

= Delete Route - front view of BSG Raptor, only appears during actve route, click to delete route / cancel navigation.

* Info in top-left corner of screen (only visible during active navigation):

- Distance to next manoever.

- name of next street.

- icon for next manoever.

- icon for second manoever.

- distanct to second manoever.

* Info box in lower-left corner of screen:

= Range - total distance to destination (only appears during active route/navigation).

= TOT - total time to reach destination (only appears during active route/navigation).

= Altitude - current altitude.

= Heading - current car heading (NESW).

= Velocity - current car speed.

* Absolute lower left corner of map:

= BSG Icon (click to go directly to Destination Favorites screen).

= Current Street Name.

* The Zoom bar is removed.

* The original 'info display' from the lower left corner is removed.

* The compass icon is removed.

* The infamous "blue boxes" have been removed.

* A 'dropout' shadow behind the 'callsign' and clock improve visibility.

* A 'dropout' shadow appears behind the next street name / next manoever icon / distance etc, only when navigating.

* A 'dropout' shadow behind the current street name replaces the blue bar down there.

Other Changes as follows:

* Settings/Demo mode is disabled.

* Settings/Visual/Displayed Info is removed as it is no longer used.

* Settings/GPS Status now includes Lat/Long coordinates.

* Navi Destination/Top menu has new title text ("Pilot...").

* Title text on all Navi menus in new font.

* Different Raptor icons are provided for day/night mode in both 2d and 3d views.

And now, some pictures! (Sorry about the quality - the dark 'night mode' map looks good in person but it's hard to get good pictures of.)

2d mode, no route selected:

map_2d_r0.jpg

2d mode, with route plotted:

map_2d_r1.jpg

3d mode, no route selected:

map_3d_r0.jpg

3d mode, with route plotted:

map_3d_r1.jpg

Closeup of info box in lower left corner (with route plotted):

map_info_r1.jpg

GPS Status screen:

settings_gps.jpg

All the required files, and a readme.txt file with instructions and more information, are available here. Instructions include how to install, as well as information on how to customize some of the text (i.e. how to remove my name & put yours in.)

Cheers!

Looking good :)

I've included some step-by-step instructions in the download file in my post above. The download file includes all the files necessary to perform the entire operation.

Briefly though, assuming you have a data.zip file that you want to use:

1) Put the testmode directory, the mitacap directory, and your desired data.zip file onto your SD card.

2) Note- do not unzip the data.zip just put the zip onto the sd card

3) Insert SD card to your nav unit and turn it on. It should boot to Windows/Test mode

4) Close the 'copy' window and open Windows Explorer

5) Copy the data.zip file to the \My Flash Drive\APL2\iGo directory

6) Turn off the Nav unit

7) Remove the SD card

8 ) Turn on the Nav unit

9) Enjoy your new nav software skin

There are more-detailed instructions scattered throughout this Hacks/Mods area.

that looks really cool

I wonder if you guys are far enough on figuring out how the AVIC works and all that to make a skin tool for on the computer or maybe make some pre-made skins ?

I'd do this theme to mine but I'd worry about it not working right afterwards :( or something going wrong down the line...

that looks really cool

I wonder if you guys are far enough on figuring out how the AVIC works and all that to make a skin tool for on the computer or maybe make some pre-made skins ?

I'd do this theme to mine but I'd worry about it not working right afterwards :( or something going wrong down the line...

A skin tool would be great. Something that slices everything up for you!