AVIC411.com

Changing the fonts/colors thread-PICS

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some more playing around... I changed the title text on the navigation main menu. In data.zip\ui_pioneer\common\ui\start.ui search for "Destination Menu", its in there four times, and change it to whatever you want. To change the title font, look in data.zip\ui_pioneer\800_480\general_800_480.ui for the title layer elements, it's tahomabd originally.

On the map screen, I figured out how to remove the map zoom/scale thing finally! :D In data.zip\ui_pioneer\common\ui there are a few ui files to edit. navigate.ui and start.ui and possibly others... you'll have to search. You are looking for "map.ZOOMCONTROL_SHOW 1" and you want to change it to "map.ZOOMCONTROL_SHOW 0". Search well, it's in there numerous times in several files and you want to catch them all, to make it go away forever. Otherwise you'll go from one screen to another and pow it'll be back. :)

Last tidbit - there are a lot of data fields available to us, the challenge is figuring out the variable names. Here are a few I know (they can be found by scouring all the &*(*&( .ui files in the common and the 800_480 directories):

Speed numbers: navigation.current_speed.numbers_text

Speed units: navigation.current_speed.units_text

Altitude numbers and units: navigation.current_altitude.full_text

I would love to find the variable to get the current heading, in degrees.

Cheers!

post-21587-12872755111475_thumb.jpg

post-21587-12872755112371_thumb.jpg

Stephanie,

What font are you using there and where can I get it???

The font I'm using for the clock and speed display, and also the title on the top menu page is called Final Frontier Old.

The font I'm using for the street names (current street and next turn street) is Final Frontier New.

And the font I used in the top left corner of the map for my 'Stephanie wuz Here' is called Space Age.

I got them all from a font site linked to on the other thread.. I think it was onlythebest.net/fonts

-Cheers

Thanks for the tip on removing the zoom level Stephanie, it worked and hasn't come back so far although I only changed it in a couple files.

I'd like to remove the time boxes but I like having them when I plot a route...

I also found another good font site...this one is cool because you can preview whatever street you want if you plug it in and see what it will look like.

http://www.dafont.com/

lemonhead, where are the colors for the map/street names?? must know!

btw i love your signature lmao

I posted this in another thread...

Changing map colors is pretty simple. Go into the igo folder->content->schemes and grab one of the .zip files unzip it or explore it. (I did it by unzipping then rezipping it in OSX 10.5 just fine) Edit the files called color.ini and color3D.ini. All of the colors are in RGB values.

If you want an explanation of what some of the lines change go here http://www.navguide.net/igomiofan/color ... or-scheme/

Also when you edit the files make sure you change the name and specify if the map is day or night. The website above shows how to do this.

Already made one to match my VW.

I've been working a bit more to make a bit of a sci-fi theme overall. Still limited primarily to the map screen, I'm too lazy to do the rest of the screens (and considering how rarely the settings etc need to be changed, it seems hardly worth the effort.)

Anyhow, here's the gist of it:

* Red arrow changed to a BSG Raptor as per this thread

* Blue boxes removed as per this thread and this one

* Fonts and colours changed, also as per this thread

* Custom information added, i.e. speed and altitude readouts, as per the thread mentioned above.

* Custom buttons designed & added

The top-right corner has the clock. The clock is also a button which will toggle all text readouts between light and dark. This isn't necessary though as I have scripted the text to change automatically with the map (night/day modes).

Below the clock is a button/icon which tells the GPS status - Blue for good 3d fix, amber for fair 2d fix, red for no fix, and 'GPS Error' text for no signals at all. Touching this button goes to the GPS Status page in the Navi Settings.

Below that is a custom button for the regular "Map Confirmation Screen"

Below that is a button for "Delete Route" which of course only appears when a route is enabled.

The top left has my bit of 'graffiti'. Below that appears the normal direction arrows, distance, and next street name, assuming navigation is active.

The lower left has my altimiter and speed. Touching this area brings up the Lat & Long reading in the lower centre of the screen. Touching the Lat/Long makes them disappear again.

The very lower left, I have replaced that icon of an arrow ontop of a bit of roadway, with the logo from BSG.

The only thing on my "wanted" list that I have not yet achieved, is a readout of heading in degrees. I have yet to find any variable or script that can give me that readout.

post-21587-12872755270732_thumb.jpg

Sure. You can download my latest/current data.zip file here.

Briefly, anything you want to make clickable, add into the element

onrelease='run scriptNameHere'

and any element that you want to control through scripting, you have to assign an unique ID (so something other than xxx).

So for the latlong thing, I've got the speedo element containing

onrelease='run sc_steph_showPos'

then in the latlong is

onrelease='run sc_steph_hidePos'

The scripts themselves I have put in scripts_800_480.ui down at the very bottom. I have five of them there, showPos and hidePos, then three that handle changing the text colours for day/night.

In my navigatemap_800_480.ui you will see everything I use is in the very first layer element. Everything below that is hidden, suppressed, or otherwise nullified so it can't appear on my map screen.

The only thing not in the data.zip are the fonts I'm using, which are FinalOld.ttf, FinalNew.ttf, and SpaceAge.ttf. I had to use tahoma for the lat/long though as my other three don't have the degrees symbol.

Cheers!