AVIC411.com

My bluetooth is now on the fritz... it connects/disconnects/connects/disconnects over and over. Its now useless. It worked before!

Today when changing bands in XM the thing up and rebooted on me (not a battery issue, my Rogue has 3500 miles on it!).

I was considering waiting to install the next update, but my patience has worn.

I am going to pull it out this weekend and ebay it. Any recommendations for what i should ask? I was thinking 850 bucks with the 16GB SD Card included. I have most if not all the manuals.

Also, if anyone else is planning on, or knows how, to file or enter a class action suit, sign me the hell up!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

850 seems fair. id put a reserve price on it just to make sure you get what you want to get..

as for the lawsuit... really? not to be a negative nancy but I don't think anything will be accomplished..your case would basically be "this unit sucks" or maybe false advertising where they advertised everything working but it doesn't.. and if that is your case, their lawyers will find ways to justify Pioneer's flaws. boot time is because it has to load so many features. the boxes are not in their hands, but in iGo's. the iPod failures are Apple's fault, your phone problem isn't pioneer's fault because the majority of all cell phones work, etc etc.

their case, probably with good lawyers, can be a second update is to be released and will take care of the flaws, or if you dont like the unit, you don't have to own it. if their unit did damage to your vehicle, you would most certainly have a case but the most you'd probably get is a refund from them jus to end it.

then again, im not a lawyer, nor do i study law. so if im completely wrong about what I said, then I apologize in advance.

850 seems fair. id put a reserve price on it just to make sure you get what you want to get..

as for the lawsuit... really? not to be a negative nancy but I don't think anything will be accomplished..your case would basically be "this unit sucks" or maybe false advertising where they advertised everything working but it doesn't.. and if that is your case, their lawyers will find ways to justify Pioneer's flaws. boot time is because it has to load so many features. the boxes are not in their hands, but in iGo's. the iPod failures are Apple's fault, your phone problem isn't pioneer's fault because the majority of all cell phones work, etc etc.

their case, probably with good lawyers, can be a second update is to be released and will take care of the flaws, or if you dont like the unit, you don't have to own it. if their unit did damage to your vehicle, you would most certainly have a case but the most you'd probably get is a refund from them jus to end it.

then again, im not a lawyer, nor do i study law. so if im completely wrong about what I said, then I apologize in advance.

Well I dont want to sue them as an individual. I was considering entering a class action with others - it certainly seems like I am not the only person damaged by this system.

I can tell you the majority of problems I am having are due to quality control by Pioneer. And there are enough other people here that it seems that we could get the ball rolling.

I dont want to make money off this. Frankly I wish I could just get my money back. If Pioneer called and offered me cash back to take my 900BT back I would jump on it.

I am certainly not a proponent of lawsuits, as I think they usually are a waste of time and money. But in this instance it seems like Pioneer has really dropped the ball and produced a system that frankly doesnt hold up to what was advertised. I could even argue it is dangerous! When i am driving, its not a good idea for me to be punching buttons trying to get my damned phone or ipod or SD card to work. If it worked as it should, a quick button press and I would be fine.

As it is, I will go ahead and ebay it and hope for the best. Its a damned shame, I was so excited when I got this. But to fork over 1000 bucks for nothing but hair pulling isnt worth it.

Thanks though for your advice.

well best of luck to you with whatever way you go. it's a shame that they really did screw it up, though. I mean personally my only annoyance is that the iPod will fail connection at least once a day as i've gotten used to the slowness of the unit. But to each is own so again, good luck :D

Well its like this... I had bought a Sprint Mogul, "best" most expensive phone Sprint had. And it was just so slow as to be unusable. It just frustrated the hell out of me. To spend so much to get back so little. I later bought a Blackberry curve and this thing is SOOO much nicer.

So when I spent 1000 bucks on the Pioneer, I didnt expect perfection, but I certainly didnt expect to spend 1000 bucks to be frustrated, and to have to "get used to" a slow system.

I mean, I have to sit in my car for 5 or 6 seconds before i can even put it in reverse... sure, I will survive, but I want my 6 seconds back! In fact, since I do that 4 to 10 times a day, I want all that time back!

If this had been a Jensen I could understand, but Pioneer? I have had nothing but the best luck with Pioneer's stuff in the past.

So now, I am looking forward to finding something nice to replace this with, something that I can be as happy with as I am with my Blackberry...

a guy from my distributor went for training yesterday @ Pioneer and they said they're coming up very soon with a new bluetooth FW release from Parrot (company who makes the bluetooth interface for Pio) which will take care of issues including the ability to succesfuly pair with the blackberries, it sux cus i bought the unit to use as a handsfree, but it doesn't work with my bberry....

a guy from my distributor went for training yesterday @ Pioneer and they said they're coming up very soon with a new bluetooth FW release from Parrot (company who makes the bluetooth interface for Pio) which will take care of issues including the ability to succesfuly pair with the blackberries, it sux cus i bought the unit to use as a handsfree, but it doesn't work with my bberry....

I know it's not a BB, but my RIZR works flawlessly with the hands free bluetooth.

I still really hate this unit. My TTS got all screwed up, and somehow magically is set to Russian. When I try to fix it, it crashes and reboots.

When I turn off the car, it never disconnects my BB, and I have to punch all kinds of buttons.

I disconnects my ipod constantly.

If I am on a call, then a start the car.... after FIVE MINUTES, the bluetooth connects and ruins my call. It doesnt pop up on speaker, it just goes mute. I have to quickly turn set the phone back to normal mode. I cant do this while driving.

Where is this new fix?

I know it's not a BB, but my RIZR works flawlessly with the hands free bluetooth.

Most phones do connect without problem. It's mostly BB's (and other smart phones) and iPhones that the unit has problems with.

By the way, the problem with the connect was duplicate entries. That does not sound like a BB problem, I think the bug is in Pioneers court.

Most phones do connect without problem. It's mostly BB's (and other smart phones) and iPhones that the unit has problems with.

By the way, the problem with the connect was duplicate entries. That does not sound like a BB problem, I think the bug is in Pioneers court.

That's exactly what I said.