AVIC411.com

I know it's not a BB, but my RIZR works flawlessly with the hands free bluetooth.

Most phones do connect without problem. It's mostly BB's (and other smart phones) and iPhones that the unit has problems with.

By the way, the problem with the connect was duplicate entries. That does not sound like a BB problem, I think the bug is in Pioneers court.

That's exactly what I said.

Sorry if I came off sounding like I was arguing with you. I was just pointing out the solution.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to pull it out this weekend and ebay it. Any recommendations for what i should ask? I was thinking 850 bucks with the 16GB SD Card included. I have most if not all the manuals.

So you've got a defective unit and you're going to pawn it off at full boat on some poor unsuspecting buyer on eBay. You know that lawsuit you mentioned?? I hope like hell whoever buys your unit finds this thread and sues your butt good. What a nice guy.

Sorry guys...I couldn't help it. That's just so wrong.

So you've got a defective unit and you're going to pawn it off at full boat on some poor unsuspecting buyer on eBay. You know that lawsuit you mentioned?? I hope like hell whoever buys your unit finds this thread and sues your butt good. What a nice guy.

He said that about 2 and a half weeks ago, when he created the thread, and IIRC, he's currently waiting on selling it until the new update is released. Any "defects" his unit has are the same that every other F series owner has.

Im sorry, but that was a pretty aggressive/ignorant post.

I am going to pull it out this weekend and ebay it. Any recommendations for what i should ask? I was thinking 850 bucks with the 16GB SD Card included. I have most if not all the manuals.

Its not defective. If it is, then ALL of them are defective.

AND I would have (and may still if I put it back up) take a huge loss on the sale. Probably 300-500 bucks loss.

AND there are plenty of reviews out there now, many of which are mine, talking about how the model has problems.

AND I wouldn't pawn a broken item on ebay, I work for ebay!

WOW - maybe you should read first before insulting someone.

Ohh..I read. You mention about how bad your unit is...how defective it is...and everything that's wrong with it, then you say you're going to put in on eBay and want to know how much to charge for it...and you're talking full price!! Since these can be bought all day long from reputable sources for $800. I stand by my comment...even as strong as it was. What you were going to do was wrong and you know it's the truth. If you decided not to, then good on you. Maybe the fact you work for them made you think twice about that decision.

Maybe I'm so sensitive about this is because I've been burned by this exact sort of thing on eBay.

Ohh..I read. You mention about how bad your unit is...how defective it is...and everything that's wrong with it, then you say you're going to put in on eBay and want to know how much to charge for it...and you're talking full price!! Since these can be bought all day long from reputable sources for $800. I stand by my comment...even as strong as it was. What you were going to do was wrong and you know it's the truth. If you decided not to, then good on you.

I paid over 1200 bucks for what I put on ebay. Maybe prices have dropped since then but I didnt know how much. And if so its because the AVIC-F series sucks.

And I *NEVER* said defective. You clearly did not read.

Also, mine has the same problems everyone else has, so its *NOT* a defective unit. If I sent it in for warranty the replacement unit would be just as problematic.

Also mine came with a 16GB SD card and a 150 dollar reverse camera.

Why don't you read some other threads before making such comments? You explain to me how *MY* unit was defective and then I will admit I was wrong.

The defects discussed are no different than the ones Pioneer sold every F series owner. So you wanna bash one person for selling a "defective" unit? Go complain about a worldwide company selling 10's of thousands of them. If his unit functions the same exact way as it did right out of the box there should be no protest to him wanting to undo what he felt was a mistake. You obviously didn't read anything. Think before you post. :roll:

My bluetooth is now on the fritz... it connects/disconnects/connects/disconnects over and over. Its now useless. It worked before!

Today when changing bands in XM the thing up and rebooted on me (not a battery issue, my Rogue has 3500 miles on it!).

I was considering waiting to install the next update, but my patience has worn.

Also, if anyone else is planning on, or knows how, to file or enter a class action suit, sign me the hell up!

I'm sorry...but that's a defective unit and you damn well know it. So you're saying that you would sell it like that, and when the buyer complained, you would not refund the money, you would tell him that's normal and to live with it??? Right. Do you really believe that??? If that's the way every one worked...it's not...and Pioneer advertised it that way...they don't... then I would agree it's not defective.

The defects discussed are no different than the ones Pioneer sold every F series owner. So you wanna bash one person for selling a "defective" unit? Go complain about a worldwide company selling 10's of thousands of them. If his unit functions the same exact way as it did right out of the box there should be no protest to him wanting to undo what he felt was a mistake. You obviously didn't read anything. Think before you post. :roll:

And that gives you the right to go screw someone else??? Jesus. Absolutely amazing train of thought.

I read everything. Every word of several threads. I know there is a problem with the unit. You bought it...live with it until Pioneer fixes it. Now, if he were to list it on eBay with all the problems it was having, I take back every word. But the price he was going to ask kind of says that isn't going to happen doesn't it.

The Bluetooth issue is a widespread problem among members here, that's not a problem with his one single unit.

The rebooting situation is not uncommon. The thing is a computer, if it processes too much at once it will shut down and restart. it's happened to me many times when i try to to input a destination while its still starting up. Doesn't mean my unit's defective.

Of course Pioneer didn't advertise it that way! How can they sell a $1,000 unit if everyone knows the problems? That's why there was talk of a lawsuit, false advertising is looked down upon these days.

Do you even own an F Series? Because if not, you had NO IDEA what you're talking about from the start.

How is it screwing someone else? Just because he's unhappy with the unit doesn't mean the buyer will be unhappy too. You're speaking for 'some innocent unaware consumer' when you don't even know the person or what he or she looks for in a unit. Tacoma doesn't like it, where I love it. Your case has no solid ground so just stop bashing and let it go.

Tacoma, jus ignore 'im, you're doing nothing wrong if you sell it.

My bluetooth is now on the fritz... it connects/disconnects/connects/disconnects over and over. Its now useless. It worked before!

Today when changing bands in XM the thing up and rebooted on me (not a battery issue, my Rogue has 3500 miles on it!).

I was considering waiting to install the next update, but my patience has worn.

Also, if anyone else is planning on, or knows how, to file or enter a class action suit, sign me the hell up!

I'm sorry...but that's a defective unit and you damn well know it. So you're saying that you would sell it like that, and when the buyer complained, you would not refund the money, you would tell him that's normal and to live with it??? Right. Do you really believe that??? If that's the way every one worked...it's not...and Pioneer advertised it that way...they don't... then I would agree it's not defective.

Yes it is normal for this unit. My unit is NOT defective, or else I would have Pioneer repair/replace it! Are you dense?

I can tell you are just trying to get my goat so I will leave it be here.

The Bluetooth issue is a widespread problem among members here, that's not a problem with his one single unit.

The rebooting situation is not uncommon. The thing is a computer, if it processes too much at once it will shut down and restart. it's happened to me many times when i try to to input a destination while its still starting up. Doesn't mean my unit's defective.

Of course Pioneer didn't advertise it that way! How can they sell a $1,000 unit if everyone knows the problems? That's why there was talk of a lawsuit, false advertising is looked down upon these days.

Do you even own an F Series? Because if not, you had NO IDEA what you're talking about from the start.

How is it screwing someone else? Just because he's unhappy with the unit doesn't mean the buyer will be unhappy too. You're speaking for 'some innocent unaware consumer' when you don't even know the person or what he or she looks for in a unit. Tacoma doesn't like it, where I love it. Your case has no solid ground so just stop bashing and let it go.

Thanks for helping. Hes just trying to get a rise out of me (it worked a bit hehe).

You have got to be kidding me. You know what? I'm done with you. If you are that dense, if you really think what he was going to do was right, then you are what's wrong with the things in this world right now. Instant Gratification Generation. Unbelievable. Please read what you wrote. You admit the unit is a problem, but it's not defective??? My God.

I can't deal with you. You just don't get it and you continue to talk out of your ass. "..then you are what's wrong with the things in this world right now.", screw you. If you're gonna resort to insulting somebody as a person rather than continuing to defend your case, then you're not worth talking to. I'm not even gonna bother to explain the difference between a problem and a defect, I think I'll just allow you to look more like an ass with every post you write.

IT'S NOT A DEFECTIVE UNIT IF IT HAS THE SAME EXACT PROBLEMS AS EVERY OTHER UNIT ON THE MARKET, EVEN A NEW UNIT YOU JUST BOUGHT FROM A RETAILER. THEREFOR THERE WOULD BE ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE WITH THE UNIT HE IS SELLING OTHER THAN THE FACT THAT IT IS USED. WHAT IS SO FUCKING HARD TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT?

maybe all that heat in Arizona has adverse effects on people's higher brain functions...