AVIC411.com

Guide to .bmp files inside the Flash Disk

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
I can't figure out which images to change to get the main "no artwork" image to change. I figured out the one that shows up on the actual map but not on the ipod interface screen. Can you tell me which image files I need to edit?

Thanks

They're in, I believe, the AV folder in the Image.res file found in the APL directory. Either that or the Common folder, but I'm 90% sure its the AV one.

I can't figure out which images to change to get the main "no artwork" image to change. I figured out the one that shows up on the actual map but not on the ipod interface screen. Can you tell me which image files I need to edit?

Thanks

They're in, I believe, the AV folder in the Image.res file found in the APL directory. Either that or the Common folder, but I'm 90% sure its the AV one.

Thanks. Found them... I didn't realize I needed to change all 3 files. One more step towards my STi theme!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

has anyone on here worked with editing these images on a mac with photoshop? i just want to know how they are saving them out. i've been editing a lot of the images in a separate file and i just want to make sure i'm doing it correctly.

On a separate note, i noticed some files don't have the pink color in the file but i know it is using transparency? for example the progress bar when your in the ipod screen, specifically 746_32K_AV-101_32b.bmp. if you notice it doesn't have any pink in the file but when it is being used it doesn't have the black on top and bottom. any thoughts there?

Thanks

I use photoshop on a PC, it shouldn't make a difference what platform you use as long as you save it correctly. If memory serves correctly, save as a 24-bit BMP, not a 32. I saved some of mine as a 32 and they would not load.

Just a heads up :P

At least i'm pretty sure it's 24 bit...

Yup, just verfied. Save it as a bmp, 72 dpi at 24 bits. You should be good to go after that.

• 1 month later...

hey, i was wondering how you go about editing these. im dying to start messing around with making my own themes, but its giving me a bit of trouble. i extracted the image.res with 7zip, edited a single BMP just to test the waters, recreated a new file "image.7z, and then i replaced it on my unit. . . it wouldnt boot up, then i realised, i only renamed it "image.res.7z, so this time i replace the extension and now its "image.res" and my unit boots fine. . . . but there's NO IMAGES (other than the GPS map) i havent messed with it that much, but i figered id ask nonetheless. and soon as i get this thing going, i'd like to start a "themes thread" where people can dump their image.res files and share themes