AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Blue Box Fix

Since removing the boxes completely initally the way Stephanie first showed us and now going back to my original data.zip and removing the boxes when not navigating I've noticed a few things.

When I'm in 3D mode and I start navigating, if my next turn is far away, it goes to 2D mode (which I like) but half the time the arrow is located towards the bottom of the screen the way it is in 3D mode and not the center of the screen! If I then hit the button to go to 2D mode (while in 3D mode but in 2D view) the arrow goes back to the center of the screen. Any ideas on why this is happening?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since removing the boxes completely initally the way Stephanie first showed us and now going back to my original data.zip and removing the boxes when not navigating I've noticed a few things.

When I'm in 3D mode and I start navigating, if my next turn is far away, it goes to 2D mode (which I like) but half the time the arrow is located towards the bottom of the screen the way it is in 3D mode and not the center of the screen! If I then hit the button to go to 2D mode (while in 3D mode but in 2D view) the arrow goes back to the center of the screen. Any ideas on why this is happening?

I experienced the same behavior this morning in the middle of a route.

Also, my 3D mode does not consistently display the arrow box, and my 2D mode did display it briefly today. Strange.

Dave

and from the words of HiFiSi, USE THE SEARCH BUTTON...

I think we need some sticky threads for tutorials. I've been screwing around with this thing for a while, and it's even tough for me to find things sometimes. The search isn't that effective when people reference what they've done to their unit in their sig. For instance, if you modified it to get rid of the boxes and put "no boxes" in your sig, every post by that user comes up in a search. I agree that people should search, but I often do and can't find what I'm looking for... even when I know it's here somewhere.

Dave

Guys PM jason h to sticky these threads.

That's the latest file I have available for public consumption. It's perfectly functional, but has a few minor errors. As soon as I have an update available I'll post it, and installing a new data.zip takes less than 5 minutes.

Let me know what your experience is using that version.

Question: Before removing the boxes on the Navi screen you could have tap the box with the arrow in it and the system will repeat the last turn/what to do next" in 2D meaning "Turn Next Right on whatever Street" by removing the boxes all we see when in route is the Distance to the next turn and the street name what can you tap to hear the Announcement again?

and for some strange reason she dont Say the name of the Street anymore "TTS" :(

Hmm, sounds like that is another bug in the archive I posted. I'm not really sure how that's possible, as all I did was make the same changes that I'm using in my personal copy (which has been verified to be working by a couple of other members).

Anyway, I'll upload a new copy at the beginning of the week that should take care of all of those problems.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I've uploaded a new data.zip (you can get it from the link in the first post) that should address the issues people were having with weird behavior.

I believe there is still a bug in Pioneer's code that causes the next turn arrow to not show up some times in 2D mode, but I think I can track that down and fix it for them.

Let me know if you encounter any problems using this latest data.zip file.

skicrave, I was never able to use your data.zip file in option 1 with the DELETE ROUTE mod so I had to manually edit the navigate file using the instructions you provided in option 2. I just wanted to know if you made the changes necessary in the instructions for editing the navigate file as I will need that to update the file.