AVIC411.com

Win CE boot files

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i'm totally a newb, but i'm handy with computers and well, really just all around handy. but i've followed everything to a t, and i'm stuck with the loading screen constantly. so i can't use the gps, cause i can't click okay on the warning. i can watch movie, but it the unit restarts after about 3 minutes. any help would be appreciated. i'm going to try re installing the 2.0 update and trying again. i did read all through this, so yeeeeah

edit**

forgot to mention i have an f90bt os i am running is a vista premium laptop, and started with winzip trial, and changed to a winrar trial to do the zipping.

tried to revert to the old files, but i still have the sane system loading then system restarting any help would be appreciated.

also, following the guide someone was kind enough to make up, i couldn't edit pioneer.ini when i right clicked and 'viewed' it, so i double clicked it... maybe that has something to do with all this?

I'm getting an error when I put the Sd card in and boot up the system.

Error

MapDBinfo: 01000 <-> 0x0010

AU: 0x0001

EW: 0x010

RE: 0x0100

UC: 0x1000

Is there a different required windows CE mode for the EU, and if so, how can I attain it?

so as i just said i was in the same delema, but i just formated the sd card to FAT32 and it worked...it was a little tricky to get the X in the corner once it loaded, but i just used a key and it did the trick, just dont press to hard or you'll scratch the screen

• 2 weeks later...

Entirely newb question. I haven't tried to boot wince yet so maybe this is a bit more intuitive when actually performing the steps.

I installed the 700bt last night and grounded the parking brake lead. Ofcourse I get the warning message that the wire is installed incorrectly and most functions are grayed out. I just downloaded the testmode files, got a new data.zip from the 2.0 firmware from pioneer (the unit came with 2.0 pre-installed). I have edited the pioneer.ini file and copied data.zip (containing edited pioneer.ini), MiTACAP and Testmode folders to my SD card. I am ready to boot WinCE now and transfer the new data.zip, which leads me to my question.

How do you exit from WinCE and return to the nav system? Will testmode always start-up from now on when the key is in the ACC position? If that is the case, can testmode be removed when I am finished? Or do I just remove it from the SD card prior to starting the system.

Thanks in advance.

- Stewart

OK, well i did what i said above and answered all my own questions. To those doing this for the first time and wondering the same. When starting WinCE the testmode files are not permanently copied. If you remove the SD card, or remove the testmode files from the SD card the unit will function as normal regardless of key position being ACC or ON.

Now I do have a problem though. I had downloaded the 2.0 update from pionner, extracted the data.zip file to my desktop. Opened the zip and edited the pioneer.ini file directly. Saved the file and saved changes to the zip. When I was in CE I renamed the existing DATA.zip file to DATA_OLD.zip and copied my new modified DATA.zip over. I removed the card and restarted and everything looked ok but I still got the brake lead warning and functions grayed out. I also couldn't hit the map or menu buttons while the map was displayed.

Thinking that I had just copied over a new firmware, I attempted a reset. Now the splash screen shows for a brief second and the screen goes (and stays) black. I can still see the map, but all other screens and menus are completely black. When I get home, I will try getting back to WinCE, delete my modded file, and rename the old one back, copy the old one to sd and start the process over. Just wondering whats going on here, cause the parking brake lead is definitely ground (it's soldered to the ground of the head unit) and now with my new data.zip file the system is not working at all.

Yeah I read the faq, and I have read all the comments on this topic and the one specific to this hack.

I use linux, so I don't have winrar. I use file roller which like winrar, 7-zip, etc can handle just about any format out there. I did not extract, edit and re-compress. With file roller I am able to edit the file directly inside the zip. The only file I edited was project_config/pioneer.ini and only the single line changing the parking_break_speed value from 16.0 to 128.0.

I found the the screen was black because it is turning off. If I click the off button, the screen comes back. However, it still does not show the splash screen for the full boot up and the menu and map buttons do nothing if I am on the map screen or in any navigation submenu. My phone still connects, and music will still play. I'll just do a factory reset, recalibrate the screen and start over using the original data.zip file as opposed to the one I downloaded from pioneers website.

Getting it working again is one thing, but it is still giving me the warning message that the parking brake lead is incorrectly installed.

Well, I restored the original data.zip and copied it to my sd card. I wouldn't say it worked great, cause frankly i think the pioneer unit is a pos, but it worked(?) as it did when i installed it. With the original data.zip on my sd, i changed the file as i had previously and uploaded it, and the whole thing is screwed up again.

I tried using pkzip and vim as opposed to file roller and gedit with the same results. I was hoping to not use the white rca harness at all, but seeing as how I cant get the zip copied over right and I don't really have access to a windows pc (my home and office are 100% linux), I went a head and restored my original data.zip and moved the mute wire. I will install the harness and ground the wire tomorrow hopefully with better results. Sorry for swaying a bit off topic.