AVIC411.com

Win CE boot files

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question. I have a 900BT and read through the forum on the steps to bypass the brake lead warning message. So, I revised the .ini file and changed the setting to 128.0 (as suggested) and have tried, both, grounding and not grounding the brake lead wire and I still get the warning message triggering at around 10 mph.

I have verified that the setting in the .ini file for the brake lead was still set at 128.0 but apparently it's reading something else to not work.

Any suggestions?

I have a question. I have a 900BT and read through the forum on the steps to bypass the brake lead warning message. So, I revised the .ini file and changed the setting to 128.0 (as suggested) and have tried, both, grounding and not grounding the brake lead wire and I still get the warning message triggering at around 10 mph.

I have verified that the setting in the .ini file for the brake lead was still set at 128.0 but apparently it's reading something else to not work.

Any suggestions?

You do need the brake wire grounded. Other than that, make sure that ZIP software you're using is putting the updated pioneer.ini into the correct folder inside DATA.ZIP.

Thanks for the response. I'm not sure why it didn't work when it was ground...but I do know that I had the correct .ini updated in the DATA.ZIP file. However, I did manage to get everything working after I read a post about moving the mute wire over to the 4th spot on the harness and grounding both the brake lead and the mute.

First of all thanks to JustinS for sending me his Australia Testmode file. I got booted into testmode perfectly, and have backed up the system.

I was looking at the process to load into testmode and the MapDBInfo.txt file and couldn't quite figure out why I needed to copy these files over. I didn't need the US, French or Spanish voice files because I'm using the Australia version.

So, I took a punt and deleted the lang & voice folders and edited MapDBInfo.txt to look like this.

Area: AU

IntegrationVersion: 01.000600

I saved the MapDBInfo.txt file which is now the only file under the iGo content folder, and it booted in to testmode really fast, no copying and no problems. (note that my file from JustinS has been changed to AU)

If anyone wants to take a look a the testmode file I would be happy to upload it.

Happy hacking, now that I'm in and backed up I'm going to try to get my phonebook across.

• 3 weeks later...

I've gotten into the WinCe menus and can get access to the keyboard and see all the proper files - and saved the new zip file as an archive so data.zip is data.zip with a new current date and time of save and the new info is in the file.

I can use CNTL - C to copy the file but when I use CNTL-P to paste on the flash side card I do NOT any confirmation that the file overwriting so I am assuming it is not working.

Also - none of the top file/edit/etc menus work or drop down.

Anyone have a crazy idea? Or a helpful solution?

F700BT.

[using 2.00000]

I've gotten into the WinCe menus and can get access to the keyboard and see all the proper files - and saved the new zip file as an archive so data.zip is data.zip with a new current date and time of save and the new info is in the file.

I can use CNTL - C to copy the file but when I use CNTL-P to paste on the flash side card I do NOT any confirmation that the file overwriting so I am assuming it is not working.

F700BT.

[using 2.00000]

Calibrate your screen first then they will work.

F700BT.

[using 2.00000]

Why don't you give CTRL-V a shot. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Want to thank of of you guys that are making these things possible. Yesterday I installed my 90BT. Grounded my brake wire. Then today, I came on here and got the data.zip changed over to 128 per your easy instruction. Then loaded the CE files after formating to FAT.

Booted up, cut the old data.zip to my flash stick and moved my new date.zip to it's place. Just got back from test run and it lets me enter street address while doing 30mph so I am guessing it works fine, since 10mph was the original speed.

Now just have to show wife how to use it so she can enter the addresses while we drive.

Again, thanks a lot to the whole AVIC411 Crew. :D

Want to thank of of you guys that are making these things possible. Yesterday I installed my 90BT. Grounded my brake wire. Then today, I came on here and got the data.zip changed over to 128 per your easy instruction. Then loaded the CE files after formating to FAT.

Booted up, cut the old data.zip to my flash stick and moved my new date.zip to it's place. Just got back from test run and it lets me enter street address while doing 30mph so I am guessing it works fine, since 10mph was the original speed.

Now just have to show wife how to use it so she can enter the addresses while we drive.

Again, thanks a lot to the whole AVIC411 Crew. :D

You should use a bigger number than 128. 250 or even 300 should be good. As it is, you will now get a mis-wired message every time you exceed 128 KPH (about 80 MPH).

• 2 weeks later...