AVIC411.com

Faster Button Responses!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
I can't remember the names of the files, it is essentially the only 4 in that folder that are 40kb in size. And yes it has made a noticeable difference with my steering wheel controls being way more responsive.

I backed the files up and then just deleted them.

There are 8 files in the folder (DATA\Sound). The 40KB files to be deleted are:

PSG1Hi

PSG2Hi

PSG1Low

PSG2Low

The other files (PSG3, PSG4, PSG5, VR) can be left alone.

My experience: when I deleted these files, besides getting rid of the annoying key beeps, no adverse effects were noted and my steering wheel controls responded MUCH better (as noted previously by others)...

Hope this helps!

If you want fast response. Deleted all the map you not going to use or never use.. Thats what I did and everything works fast as I clicked..

I agree, this sounds like an awesome idea, why load up the whole world/country, when all you need is maybe half.

Where do I find instructions on deleting unneeded maps?

Nevermind, I found it.

As far as this mod goes, I only removed two of the files (the volume ones) hoping that it would mae a difference in my steering wheel controls which respond a little sluggish when turning volume up and down. I didn't notice any difference right away but I will check it out tomorrow. I might have to remove the other two but I like key beeps with the exception of the volume up/down sounds....which I HATE!

I made three changes at once and it really slowed down my system:

1. THis mod (Two of four sounds only)

2. I removed unwanted maps

3. I changed to a BB Storm

I have no idea why it is slower than before. Not only slower to boot, slower to draw-in, phonebook entries read "Unknown" as incoming calls. Tomorrow I will start by removing the BB Storm and see what happens from there

Well for me the buttons dont NEED to be deleted, i kinda like the confirmation it gives you. lets you know that the system acknowledges your intentions. What I don't care for is the annoying tone and sound that it makes

Im pretty sure i can just stick in my own Wave file and rename to exactly to that they have right?

i mean sounds easy enough right?, like putting Sam's O positive kidney inside Bob's O body. they just gotta match?

I used Stephnie's trick of putting in a silent .wav file first and it works great. The last annoyance that I persponally had was how unresponsive the steering controls are, so I thought this would help. It didn't.

I have to admit to not following the instructions to a 'T' (I only eliminated 2 of the 4 sounds - the volume up/down ones since they were the only ones that annoyed me). Maybe you have to remove all 4, maybe you have to reset afterwards (the question still stands...).

I had tried too many things at once and my system (from bootup to draw-in) seemed to have slowed down, and my steering wheel controls were still slow! I reverted back to Stephanie's blank .wav's, returned the EU script data where it belongs and it works as well as before - near perfect!

Again, did anyone find that a factory reset was necessary after doing either of these (removing EU maps, removing button sounds) before you saw an improvement? I just don't want to brave 20 degree weather to do it only to find that I have to revert again (in 20 degree weather).

Thanks.