AVIC411.com

new pics of my Escalade with 2 Pioneer headunits and more

Here is some new pics of my Escalade EXT. I just got 26"s on her. I have many mods done. Here is the list of mods, and mods soon to come. Enjoy!

Mods that are completed

Pioneer Z3 Navigation (mounted in factory radio spot in upper dash)

Pioneer D3 Navigation System (mounted in lower dash with custom black suade bezel)

Pioneer Bluetooth Module

Pioneer Ipod adaptor for the Z3

Pioneer Ipod Cable for the D3

Apple Iphone 3G for the EXT Bluetooth System

2-8" Headrest Monitors

14" Ceiling Drop Down Monitor

Wireless Headphone System (thru IR Transmitter on 14" Screen)

Pioneer Componant Door Speakers (front) P/N TS-D1720C

Kicker Door Speakers (rear) P/N KS5250

Pioneer Tweeters in Windshield Pillars

Pioneer 2 Channel Amp P/N GM8400

Pioneer 4 Channel Amp P/N GM6300F

Pioneer Crossovers X's-2

Power Accoustic Hybrid Capacitor (24 Farad)

3-Digital Distribution Blocks

Pioneer 12 Disc CD Changer

Valor 6 Disc DVD Changer (With Pioneer Interface)

Sirius Backseat Satelitte TV

XM Satelitte radio

XM Nav traffic

Sirius Satelitte Radio

2-Ipods (Video) 30G and a 60G

26" Rims & Tires

Custom Smoked Tail Lights and 3rd Brakelight

Crystal Cadillac Emblems

GrilleCraft Mesh Grille

Whelen 4 Pack Strobe Kit (front) mounted in the daytime running lights and fog lights

Whelen 4 Pack Strobe Kit (rear) mounted in the reverse light slots and 3rd brake light

10" Windshield Strobe Light Mount (amber/white)

2-10" Kicker Solabaric L7's

Park Assist and Trac Control mounted in ashtray in a custom suade bezel

Factory "Bvlgari" Clock in custom suade bezel in the upper dash area

Uniden Trunk Tracker BCD396 APCO Digital Police Scanner (mounted to dash)

Deluxe 50+ Wood Grain Dash Kit (factory match)

35% Tinted Front Windows

1000 Cold Crank Amp Battery

Totally rewired audio and amp (no more bose anything)

Rockford Fosgate RCA Wiring

Kicker Speaker Wires

2-Kicker Complete Amplifier Kits

DUB~Air (Cold Air Intake System)

Ice Chest/Cooler-in the right side outer bed storage compartment

Air Compresser- built into the left side outer bed storage compartment (where jack tools were)

Zenon Light Bar on rear License Plate

Viper 791 2-Way Alarm/Remote Start

Corsa Sport exhaust

Remote module, now strobes are turned on/off by keypad

Theres probaly more little stuff I cant remember

Still To Come:

Suade Inserts (Black)

Suade Headliner (Black)

McNaughys Lowering Kit

Custom Mid-Gate Functioning Sub Enclosure

Custom Black Suade/Tan Leather Amp Rack

Train Horn Kit

Brembro Crossdrilled Rotors

Brembro Big Brake Caliper Kit

Preditor Performance Programming

Dyno Testing

Tile Floored Bed

3-Bed Panels/Covers Painted Black

Body Kit 4-Piece

Remove Tow Hooks and insert 2-Piece Lower Mesh Kit

Shaved Rear Door Handles

Bench Seat Headrest Screens (showing in the rear window)

2-Screens in the Sunvisors (maybe)

X-Box 360

TracVision TR-7 Direct TV Satelitte Unit (only if Sirius takes forever with there Satelitte TV Channel Update)

acext058.jpg

chromehooksext015.jpg

ladey55036.jpg

newescaladepics031.jpg

escaladenightshots018.jpg

escaladenightshots013-1.jpg

ladey55026-1.jpg

customescaladepics016.jpg

customescaladepics003.jpg

customescaladepics001.jpg

newlexpicsasantis118.jpg

I don't understand the 2-headunits either, but I don't understand most of the stuff people do to show cars like replacing backseats with walls of speakers and such.

It does look really nice and looks like you spent a fortune on it. I would guess that you are NOT married. :lol:

Hmmm... we've seen the wall of speakers, how about a wall of head units? :wink:

Nice truck, do not understand 2 pioneer head units but what the hey, pretty nifty.

I don't understand the 2-headunits either, but I don't understand most of the stuff people do to show cars like replacing backseats with walls of speakers and such.

I think he mentioned a while ago was he can have one unit doing navigation while the other played the av source or somethin'. Pretty good idea if you have the money.

Lu Scola, I see you organized the amps and such under the seat. Looks awesome all around, nice job. :D

I think he mentioned a while ago was he can have one unit doing navigation while the other played the av source or somethin'. Pretty good idea if you have the money.

Playing an AV source in view of the driver while driving? Seems like a worse idea than texting while driving, IMO. Well, maybe not worse, but just as bad.

_shrug_ to each is own. Personally I think txting while driving is overrated, I mean, I memorize the keypad so I don't have to take my eyes off the road to send a msg, and it only takes a quick glance for me to read an incoming msg.

Also I think inputting a desitination is just as distracting as watching a movie, especially on the F seires where an input is hit or miss.

I'm sure somewhere out there, someone thinks driving under the influence is overrated too. :roll: You younger guys' insurance is much higher for good reason! Maybe I'm alone here, but I believe in safety first.

I only input destinations or fiddle with the navi when stopped at lights or before I even leave. On long trips, the front seat passenger is in charge of setting waypoints and finding POIs.

i totally agree with the watching video or texting while drive. My gps is on the other side of the car so my wife can input stuff, and my 4000 is hooked up to the e brake. I hate people that drive and talk on there phones with out bluetooth kits, i just want to run into them to teach them a lesson. As far as the truck, its nice. Im just not into 80 tvs or even the stupid 26 inch rims. Really whats the point? There is nothing original about it and i have seen it all before. But thats just my opion, what ever you think is cool or what ever. did you do the work or just have some shop do it for you? I would respect it more if you did the work yourself.

I'm sure somewhere out there, someone thinks driving under the influence is overrated too. :roll: You younger guys' insurance is much higher for good reason! Maybe I'm alone here, but I believe in safety first.

I'm not saying it's safe, anything that takes your eyes off the road is unsafe, all I said was I don't think it's as dangerous as people make it out to be. I don't see how it follows the same lines as drunk driving, because intoxication changes your mental state in every aspect: reflex, vision, depth perception, balance, all the key elements needed for safe driving. And I agree with the younger driver's insurance being high, because there's a lot of punk kids out there who like to floor it and end up getting hurt. Unfortunatly a few bad apples ruin the bunch, but it's better that way than some 17 year old kid affording a GT500 and driving recklessly. One of my closest friend has a lead foot and he always has to race me if we're both driving somewhere, and I always have a worry in the back of my head if I'm ever going to get a call that he's in the hospital for his stupidity.

so that train wreck in california was caused by the enginer texting, still think its not that big of deal? how many people have to die before everyone get the picture? What if it was your family member or even your child that was on that train? still think it wouldn't be a big deal?

Listen I'm not getting into an arguement with you about this. I simply stated my opinion on it. If my opinion bothers you that much, either keep it to yourself or take it up with me in a PM. No need to question my views in a thread that has nothing to do with it. I didn't even hear about any trainwreck in CA, I live on the opposite side of the country.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes all the work is done by me. I have been installing since I was 16. I am now 31. I dont really watch tv while driving. I usually have my map up on the top Z series. I usually run my Ipod video on the bottom playing mostly music videos. Its more of an ammenity for my passengers. I have a car dealership and a custom shop. I did most of the stuff as a mobile display to show some of the crazy stuff we can do to potential customers cars. I do have some money tied up in this truck, but I get everything wholesale, so my cost is alot cheaper than the average Joe buying at best buy, C.C, or any other electronics store. The Sirius backseat TV is awesome as far as clarity, and reception. I have heard that there will be 50+ channels added to there programming line-up. This truck has everything imaginable. The two head units work well together. The Z is the master unit, with the D3 as a slave unit ran into it thru AV1. You'd have to see it operate in person to see how good of an idea it really is. Im gonna YouTube my daily operation of it, and how they are ran together. Its definitly a cool thing to have if you have the space and the money to do it. ANy other questions feel free to ask. Thanks, Lu

here is a few videos of my keypad strobe operation, Corsa Sport Exhaust and a DUB Air intake!

Check them out, very nice videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBZslqL5yps

My shop is producing custom bezels and mounting kits for alot of vehicles without kits. We started with the Escalade. Its a lower bezel for double din applications. I sent our template to our wood grain kit supplier. We will have bezels witha factory match wood bezel. I just did a new suade bezel in tan, replacing the previous black bezel shown above. Once I get the factory match wood overlay back for the bezel, its gonna look very factory and flow very nicely down the console.

Here it is:

RotorsEXT054.jpg

RotorsEXT057.jpg

RotorsEXT049.jpg