AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Add US Speedcams W/Warnings

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The speedcams just worked. I already had the file in there before the update and apparently is wasn't overwritten. Now the music is ATT instead of muted. All I had to do was set the voice prompts back to ATT (setting was reset after the update.)

With the cam warnings everything appears normally in relation to the warnings, just the cam locations can't be edited on the unit anymore. Basically Borism's speedcam interface unlock is no longer functional (at least until one of us has the time to unlock it again)

Speedcam warnings themselves are controlled by a line in SYS.TXT and I believe the upgrade did not touch it, so as long as it has been turned on and you still have speedcam data, it will keep working.

I am working on putting back cam editing, just did not have enough time to finish it yet...

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got the speed warning working, i guess it doesn't work over "fly over" mode, but when I'm actually driving, it DOES WORK.

I got the speed camera database from http://www.trapster.com in csv, it is a really good database, very accurate at least on my area. It is daily updated by the own users, positions get voted so they increase the level of confidence of that camera type/position, anyways i think it is a good database and really easy to convert to IGO format.

By the way if anyone wants the file that i converted from Trapster, let me know. :wink:

The file include cameras from all over the mainland 48-states of US, i have only verified my area and it is looking very accurate over here.

This is user collaboration based database, this means users add, modify, delete camera position and type (static, redlights, possible hidden police points, etc)

I changed the classification to comply with the igo format (speed camera = '1' static, redlight = '3' redlight cameras, and hidden police points = '5' mobile cameras)

this data base is as good as many user collaborate to build it, so, people start creating your FREE account and lets build a nice speedcamera database for our AVIC...

I'll try to convert/update the database as soon as i can, since the site is constantly updating.

Installation:

- copy both txt files to the /IGO/content/speecamera/ folder on you avic, while you are in testmode. (they are already converted to IGO format)

- Restart the unit. it will take a little longer to start up (only the first time) since the unit has to build its own data based on the content of txts (it will do it by itself, so nothing to do here, just wait about 2-4mins)

- test if you can see the camera on the map.

Note: I have only tested the location on my are and looks good, let me know how it looks for your area?

trapster-speed-us-0_11-15-08.txt

trapster-redlight-us_11-15-08.txt

I haven't seen Trapster files yet, but the iGO format is very simple:

Header:

X,Y,TYPE,SPEED,DIRTYPE,DIRECTION

X - Longitude (E/W)

Y- Latitude (N/S)

TYPE:

1 - Static camera

2 - Traffic Light

4 - Section Camera

5 - Mobile Camera

SPEED - speed limit of the camera

DIRTYPE:

0 - All directions

1 - One direction (as per Direction field)

2 - Both directions (DIRECTION and opposite)

DIRECTION - Camera angle. 0 = North, 180 = South, etc.

I imagine that iGO will combine TXT files you give it. It converts them all to internal format anyway...

PS Just looked at Trapster files posted here -- looks exactly like what we need...