AVIC411.com

not dead on

The best is actually outside the car. The antenna is designed to be outside the car. That is why it is magnetic and sealed. That is also why all factory GPS antennas are outside the vehicle.

As for being off in distance it will never be very close. The satellites are locked by the government. Civilians only are able to get a piece of the available GPS signal.

The best is actually outside the car. The antenna is designed to be outside the car. That is why it is magnetic and sealed. That is also why all factory GPS antennas are outside the vehicle.

As for being off in distance it will never be very close. The satellites are locked by the government. Civilians only are able to get a piece of the available GPS signal.

I said best AND concealed. It's not really hidden when its outsidfe your car. Whether it's made for being outside or not, the front dash by the windshield will work just as good. As long as there is no metal above the antenna obstructing the signal you should be fine.

i fully disagree that the signal is the same as being in side the car or on the roof. i tested both and on the roof is a major upgrade in signal. especially when driving in a city with high buildings.

i had mine outside when i first had it installed but i hated the way it looked so now its under the dash and the signal is exactly the same.

If you're referring to the SA (Selective Availability) signal that the U.S. military used to inject into the civilian-side GPS signals, that was turned off years ago (during Clinton's administration). We now receive the same, unaltered signal that the government gets - only they spend much more (of our) $$ on more sensitive receiving equipment than we can afford.