AVIC411.com

back up

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I did this hack today with a 4gb SDHC card and it worked great, but I forgot to calibrate the unit before I did it, so I could not touch the edit button. But I found another way to fix this without have to turn your car off and editing the calibration. Once you complete up to step 4, on the very bottom right there is a button which is a small touch keyboard. If you click it, it will open. And then you can do steps 5, 6 and 7

5. Select My Flash Disk, press edit up top and copy. Select “my flash disk†and then use the keyboard and tap the control button “Ctrl†and then tap the “C†button. By doing this it has now copied the selected data

6. Select Storage Card, press file up top and Open. Select the storage card and then use the keyboard and tap the control button “Ctrl†and then tap the “O†button. By doing this it has now opened the selected data

7. Press Edit, then Paste. Should take 10 minutes roughly. Now that you have opened the file use the keyboard and tap the control button “Ctrl†and then tap the “V†button. Now the data has been pasted in the file and should bring up a loading screen which should take about 10 minutes

• 2 months later...
I had another issue. With mine i would copy the flash to my card and it would say there was not enough space on the SD card WTF its a 4gb card also tried it on a 2gb card same thing

I finally copied it file by file and found that when i came to the My Flash/User/user/UserData/Setup It would give me the "Not enough space" message. even on a empty 4gb card

Any thoughts on that one?

i have the same issue , iv tried re-formating the SD .re-downloading the Testmode file and keep get the same "Not enough space" PoPup. This is on a 1.0GB SD(967mb free) and running 2.0firmware .

And my problem is completely different,

I managed to backup the whole flashdisk folder into an 8GB SDHC on the unit.

When I tried to copy the files into my computer all files copied well except for the following four files:

My Flash Disk\WINCEIMG.BIN

My Flash Disk\APL2\VBT\SKIN\background.bmp

My Flash Disk\APL2\VBT\SKIN\LISTITEM.BMP

My Flash Disk\APL2\iGO\LoqTTS6.dll

I thought the card could be problematic so formatted another card and tried it again. The result is the same.

I'm suspecting that those four files are copy protected somehow. It writes on the card well but does not come out of the card.

Is there anyone else who is having the same problem?

My unit is an F900bt European model.

i have couple of question about how and whats the best way to begin and replacing the backup FlashDisk i have on my desktop to the 900?

the promblem started with i replaced my DATA.zip with the Mavrickster DATA.ZIP in the APL2 and then iGo folders . i X out of all screens after i have pasted the data.zip. i took the SD card out and hold the reset button for five seconds.when it rebooted i got a ERRoR "Map initialisation error" Map files cannot be found.

I did make a copy of my flashdisk and tryed to replace the missing file in my CONTENT folder with my backup ones everything would go good untill it got to the MAP folder , a pop up would come up saying there wasnt enough space.

Now my question is what is the best way to replaces all my backup files ? should i delete the flashdisk and just copy and replace it with one in my desktop?

i have couple of question about how and whats the best way to begin and replacing the backup FlashDisk i have on my desktop to the 900?

the promblem started with i replaced my DATA.zip with the Mavrickster DATA.ZIP in the APL2 and then iGo folders . i X out of all screens after i have pasted the data.zip. i took the SD card out and hold the reset button for five seconds.when it rebooted i got a ERRoR "Map initialisation error" Map files cannot be found.

I did make a copy of my flashdisk and tryed to replace the missing file in my CONTENT folder with my backup ones everything would go good untill it got to the MAP folder , a pop up would come up saying there wasnt enough space.

Now my question is what is the best way to replaces all my backup files ? should i delete the flashdisk and just copy and replace it with one in my desktop?

Well after trying every single possiible way trying to copy my MAP folder onto the CONTENT folder but allways with no luck .i decide to delete the whole CONTENT folder and replacinging it with the backup one. i still got the same error box avising me that there was not enough space But i just click yes and contiunte. almost everything copied but some maps . i rebooted and to my surprise the 900 booted up just normaly , eveything worked , CD , AM , FM and ipod BUt when i chick MAP . the map page came up but it was all dark with no details .

i booted it up in testmode to see what else was i missing and found out that only around 12 maps copied.To my great luck the CALIFORNIA map was still missing , and everytime i try to add it i would get the same popup box saying there was still not enought space and just wouldnt copy :(

i guess i could live with for now with no nav.