AVIC411.com

New F Series Update Coming Soon!

haha Second update? i will believe it when I see it. Didn't we all have this conversation in mid august?

I think I read in another post someone recently called Pioneer and was told there is no plan for a second update.

Why in the world is it so difficult for Pioneer to have a blog post? I mean seriously, wtf is the deal with this company and not giving any sort of consistent information.

i bet you could call pioneer 10 times over 5 days and 9 out of 10 times will be different.

I woudl ilke nothing more then there to be some tweaking and performance improvements and the remaining bugs are squashed. But I am going to not be optimistic and just be happy my very expensive all in wonder car stereo works, although a bit laggy and still has bugs.

haha Second update? i will believe it when I see it. Didn't we all have this conversation in mid august?

I think I read in another post someone recently called Pioneer and was told there is no plan for a second update.

Why in the world is it so difficult for Pioneer to have a blog post? I mean seriously, wtf is the deal with this company and not giving any sort of consistent information.

i bet you could call pioneer 10 times over 5 days and 9 out of 10 times will be different.

I woudl ilke nothing more then there to be some tweaking and performance improvements and the remaining bugs are squashed. But I am going to not be optimistic and just be happy my very expensive all in wonder car stereo works, although a bit laggy and still has bugs.

Tushay!!

I'm sharpening my pitchfork now just incase your're wrong :wink::lol:

As for the fear of the blue box fix, I'm a computer noob as well, but if you know how to navigate around a PC you can do this. If you want I have a data.zip with only the blue box fix. PM me if you want to get rid of those boxes, I'll send you the file and walk you through it too.

As for the fear of the blue box fix, I'm a computer noob as well, but if you know how to navigate around a PC you can do this. If you want I have a data.zip with only the blue box fix. PM me if you want to get rid of those boxes, I'll send you the file and walk you through it too.

ok can you walk me through it

Is that what you meant to do? Then yes I will. When the time comes send me a PM and I'll give you a step by step for what you need.

It doesn't matter where they're from. If they work for a company, they represent that company, and should be able to answer any question. That's why their customer service sucks, because they're not told anything and can't answer any of our questions with a legitimate and helpful answer.

In the past month I've spoken with Al-Ed's reps and JL Audio reps, and both answered all my questions wthout so much as an "umm" or a stutter. That's what customer service should be.

ok can you walk me through it

Is that what you meant to do? Then yes I will. When the time comes send me a PM and I'll give you a step by step for what you need.

How about you make a thread with this fix? That will save you some time if multiple people are interested in the fix ;) I know I am!

Our Pioneer rep said another update is coming too. Said the end of the month so I wouldn't get all fired up about shit until then

How about you make a thread with this fix? That will save you some time if multiple people are interested in the fix ;) I know I am!

I called Pioneer last night and although the guy was a jerk, he did say that they have an update in the pipelines that should be out in the next several weeks. He then went on to say that they have a lot riding on the F series and that there will be updates beyond that one in the coming year. ??? :roll:

the only update i can see is a complete rewrite of the code. having going through the code for some time now i can only say what a crap!

what pioneer should do is contracting a real software company who is gone rewrite the code to make it all happen the way it should work. the current code is being written by some local chinese student hackers creating a chaos of non working code with more patches than the local council road. the used hardware is fine but it’s the software side what makes this head unit a complete joke. so lets hope pioneer is doing it right this time and giving us the head unit what we all bought in the first place. than we can finally enjoy this nice head unit.